cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Server Error (no number) - I made no changes

My site has been down for a long time and pretty much lost all the SEO ranking I was able to gain.  Can anyone tell me what happened and why no one couldn't just shoot me an email that it has been down, continuously?  Today, I tried to restore the DB to an earlier date.  It restored but did not help. 

Site: rozzirocks.com

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at www.rozzirocks.com Port 80

6 REPLIES 6
Employee
Employee

Re: Internal Server Error (no number) - I made no changes

You restored your database, what about the files?

I wish I knew how to do that with a Wordpress site.  I pay for backups but I think it backs up the whole server.

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Hi @DavidCA,
What hosting platform are you on? Do you have automatic updates turned on? Sometimes a theme or plug-in will break a site after an update. With regard to backups, can you roll back to the last full working version of your site? Ideally that would be the place to start to find out what caused the problem to begin with. Unless I know that it is something very specific in the database itself, I tend to do a full restore both database and files included.

Hope this helps, James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Hi @DavidCA,

What server platform are you on? That will probably dictate the actual steps to restore your site. If it is on a managed WordPress platform the backups are built directly into The dialogue boxes in your Go Daddy dashboard dashboard.  CPanel installations require a bit different restoration process. If you are not familiar with it go ahead and call tech support.

Hope this helps,

James

Thanks JM Pepper.  I will try the looking for that in the dashboard and will call the Tech Support if I have trouble.

DCA

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Let me know if I can be of further help!

James