cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Lost my WooCommerce plugin after WordPress Maintenance

I logged in to my WordPress account earlier on, link came up " maintenance please try later" I left it a while then I managed to log in. However now that i`m logged in, I have some how lost WooCommerce plugin. For the life of me, I can`t seem to re-activate, as it states Error in WordPress I already have it installed? but don`t have WooCommerce on dashboard, just red markers stating

"Product Add-ons requires WooCommerce to be installed and active. You can download WooCommerce Here"

I have the download in woocommerce site, but can`t seem to update / add plug in.

Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Andy

PS (I am a NOVICE) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@Andy1noexpert 

What you should do is via the file manager (hosting dashboard) is to delete the wp-content/plugins/woocommerce folder and then re-install the plugin - I have this happen about 10% of the time where the update doesn't fully apply and it breaks woo

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@Andy1noexpert 

What you should do is via the file manager (hosting dashboard) is to delete the wp-content/plugins/woocommerce folder and then re-install the plugin - I have this happen about 10% of the time where the update doesn't fully apply and it breaks woo

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

Thank you for the helpful reply @PL281 

OK, i`ve deleted plugins associated with WooCommerece in my WordPress Dashboard  ( not sure if I needed to do this?)  tried to reinstall, but can`t seem to actually find WooCommerce folder. I keep getting the message as
“installation failed: Destination folder already exists”.

Is this the actual Folder we are talking about that needs to be deleted, then Re install plugin

( attached photo below).

Did not want to go any further, only as a precaution of making an error, before I go any further is this the actual folder I need to delete & reinstall. If correct do I re-install in WordPress?

Regardshosting.GIF

@Andy1noexpert @Andy1noexpert 

I didn't get a notification of your reply - You may have resolved this - but yes that folder is what I was saying to delete