cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Making a living using WordPress

Just wondering if anyone here makes a living using WordPress, from freelancing, plugins/themes sales or consultation. And if you build WP products (themes/plugins) how do you sell these? really trying to get tips to get me started.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@qilpesen9 

Welcome to the GoDaddy Community - I have a successful business selling WordPress sites / hosting, maintenance and support. The large majority of my sites are small businesses (1-5 person) and they are local to my community. I've sold these sites not through advertising but instead via word of mouth and networking.

I would say that the plugin / theme market is very saturated, if you want to develop a plugin you need to find something that isn't out there yet or see if there is a better way to accomplish it. 

You also need to see who else is in your local market / target market so you know who / what your competitors are.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@qilpesen9 

Welcome to the GoDaddy Community - I have a successful business selling WordPress sites / hosting, maintenance and support. The large majority of my sites are small businesses (1-5 person) and they are local to my community. I've sold these sites not through advertising but instead via word of mouth and networking.

I would say that the plugin / theme market is very saturated, if you want to develop a plugin you need to find something that isn't out there yet or see if there is a better way to accomplish it. 

You also need to see who else is in your local market / target market so you know who / what your competitors are.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post