cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Migrating WP Site - Fatal Error: require_once(): Failed opening required

Hey all.

Having an issue with a site I've recently moved to GoDaddy. Been getting this error 

Warning: require_once(/home/content/21/13963021/html/english/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/includes/query/class-gf-query.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/21/13963021/html/english/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/gravityforms.php on line 156

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/21/13963021/html/english/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/includes/query/class-gf-query.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/21/13963021/html/english/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/gravityforms.php on line 156

It does this even when I rename the plugins directory. It starts doing it to the themes directory.

I do not have access to the admin panel and it continues to do this even when I manually change the theme (after renaming the plugins directory) to another theme through the database. I've tried all my developer tricks and I'm at an impasse. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@tmdental 

Ah so it sounds like you are on the "Legacy" Linux hosting plan. I would recommend migrating to Managed WordPress Ultimate which includes an SSL certificate - This assumes you are only running 1 WordPress site and not hosting email on the same server.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User IV

@tmdental 

From looking at this, the issue is that the plan / server you are on is running PHP 5.6 and I believe Gravity Forms requires 7.x - so you need to adjust the PHP settings on the server / account where the site is.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Unfortunately, it's not just gravity forms. It's all of them. Even when I change the name of the gravity forms plugin file (or any of them, like I mentioned - even the plugins directory directly), it just moved the error through to the themes directory with the same error, just on a different file. 

@tmdental 

As I had previously said, I'm pretty sure this is a PHP issue not a plugin specific issue. If you upgrade to PHP 7.x the issue should go away. If it doesn't you should at least get some different errors which would be the next step in resolving it.

Godaddy only gives me the option of 5.6. I'm not familiar with using such restricted servers.. Are they able to upgrade it then?

@tmdental 

Ah so it sounds like you are on the "Legacy" Linux hosting plan. I would recommend migrating to Managed WordPress Ultimate which includes an SSL certificate - This assumes you are only running 1 WordPress site and not hosting email on the same server.

View solution in original post