cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Moved Hosting from Wordpress to Godaddy - Slow load times/advanced editor crashing

Hello,

Since I have migrated my site form wordpress hosting to godaddy it has been difficult to build new pages and the site itself is slow to load. I've gotten different solutions from customer support with no solution.

One customer support rep told me that I needed to upgrade my hosting plan from launch to enhance.  My site is not even complete, has a few images, uses plugins, and overall seems pretty light to me. When using All-in-one migration plugin the whole thing was 1 gig. 

I'm currently on hold with a customer rep, but I'm not sure if he's coming back. Been on hold for half an hour.

Could anyone shed some light on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@KeKite 

The site loaded well for me - I noticed there is some random html code showing right at the top of the page " /> which would suggest a tag or something else not closed in the header code of your site.

I would also suggest upgrading to the latest version of the theme which just came out this week for compatibility with WordPress 5.5

Updating Plugins and Themes is VERY important with WordPress to keep your site secure.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@KeKite 

What is your domain name ??

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

It is Trainingtoyou.org

@KeKite 

The site loaded well for me - I noticed there is some random html code showing right at the top of the page " /> which would suggest a tag or something else not closed in the header code of your site.

I would also suggest upgrading to the latest version of the theme which just came out this week for compatibility with WordPress 5.5

Updating Plugins and Themes is VERY important with WordPress to keep your site secure.

View solution in original post