cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wordpress page is taking 40 seconds to load

I have been creating a WordPress site locally using xampp through my computer and yesterday I transferred it to GoDaddy because I'm mostly done with it.  Once I was able to view it on my Godaddy domain, I noticed it was extremely slow.  I just timed it and it takes around 40 seconds just to load the homepage.  I know Godaddy hosting is a little bit slow but I don't think this is the problem.  It seems like something is wrong with the WordPress configuration itself and I wanted to know if anybody else has ever had this issue.

Here is my site (hopefully it is working whenever you try because I have also been having DNS issues): http://www.myapplelumber.com

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Helper V
Helper V

Re: My wordpress page is taking 40 seconds to load

@Bryce51021,

Looks like your WP site is indeed slow!, Please check the steps below;

https://www.godaddy.com/help/troubleshooting-a-slow-wordpress-site-19533

Looking forward to hear from you

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
----->NEXIA

At this point, I've tried all of the cache plugins and I don't think that's the issue.  On the article you sent me it talked about the .htaccess file and I cleaned out my and started fresh and that did no good either.  

I'm thinking the slowness is due to the fact that my client has a Windows IIS Plesk hosting plan, and from what I hear, IIS works terribly with WordPress.  I'm sure there is some configuration somewhere within IIS or WordPress that is causing this but I think I am just going to change to a Linux based plan.

Helper V
Helper V

@Bryce5102,

Of-course PHP was designed for Linux!, However it has been adapted for Windows also...

.htaccess in Windows?, or you mean web.config...

Anyway the development choice is yours!, choose accordingly...

Thank you

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

----->NEXIA

Somewhere I read .htaccess was a fix for it so I eventually ended up with the file in my directory but I'm guessing it was doing nothing...  Oh well...   

I ended up changing my plan and everything went smoothly with the Linux/WordPress setup.

Helper V
Helper V

@Bryce5102,

Happy that your websites are up and running!, rock on...

Smiley Happy

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

----->NEXIA