cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Our WordPress Site Not Opening

Our WooCommerce WordPress site, is now very very slow and in an endless loop of loading without opening. Both the Backend and Frontend, none is opening. Just loading....

I really don't know what is the cause of this serious challenge. I have disabled many of the plugins through the cPanel. Yet, is still same issues. It just doesn't load and open. Here is our website link: Hovkeys

Please Admin we urgently need solutions to this issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@ensunlocks 

Your site did load for me eventually. I did notice that your slider shortcode is displaying which means that plugin is probably disabled.

Without knowing how your site is setup (or any specific error messages) it's tough for anyone to say for sure why your performance is slow.  Number of plugins, combined with the quality of your theme and builders can all add up.   Then add any code customization you may have made.

I see in the code quite a few plugins, a theme I've never heard of and that you are using a builder too.  Not to mention WooCommerce sites are more resource intensive too. 

I always stick with lean and mean themes, as few quality/premium plugins as necessary and I'm not a fan of "builders" for many reasons -- one being performance.

What I would do is setup a staging site and run a total review of your performance (run your site through GTMetrix.com) to start.  Then go from there to try and determine where your resource hogs are.

Try a different theme to see if that makes a difference.  Remove the builder plugin to see if that speeds things up.  Remove any gratuitous plugins you really don't have to have.

By going through that process you'll hopefully be able to determine what is slowing down your site.  The test I ran had you over 16 seconds -- for SEO we want to be under 5.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Be a voice. Not an echo." ~ Anon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@ensunlocks 

Your site did load for me eventually. I did notice that your slider shortcode is displaying which means that plugin is probably disabled.

Without knowing how your site is setup (or any specific error messages) it's tough for anyone to say for sure why your performance is slow.  Number of plugins, combined with the quality of your theme and builders can all add up.   Then add any code customization you may have made.

I see in the code quite a few plugins, a theme I've never heard of and that you are using a builder too.  Not to mention WooCommerce sites are more resource intensive too. 

I always stick with lean and mean themes, as few quality/premium plugins as necessary and I'm not a fan of "builders" for many reasons -- one being performance.

What I would do is setup a staging site and run a total review of your performance (run your site through GTMetrix.com) to start.  Then go from there to try and determine where your resource hogs are.

Try a different theme to see if that makes a difference.  Remove the builder plugin to see if that speeds things up.  Remove any gratuitous plugins you really don't have to have.

By going through that process you'll hopefully be able to determine what is slowing down your site.  The test I ran had you over 16 seconds -- for SEO we want to be under 5.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Be a voice. Not an echo." ~ Anon

View solution in original post