cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Godaddy database password reset and wordpress wp-admin

Hi there, I recently tried to change my wp database password using the go daddy database password reset tool.  I created a new password using their criteria for special characters (!%, etc). I saved the new password then went to my FTP tool to edit the wp_config.php file to match the new database password.  However when I went to log into the wp-admin page, I am getting an error telling me "Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/96/7368596/html/*****.org/wp-config.php on line 25" This is due to the "%" sign that is required by Godaddy.  I have confirmed this by changing the % to a !, and it would still fail on line 25 but with a error calling out the "unexpected" ! symbol.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Problem with Godaddy database password reset and wordpress wp-admin

Hi @Outofbounds. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

My guess would be that the script you have on line 25 is not using the right syntax somehow. Specifically, I'd check to make sure the ticks on either side of your password are 1) there and 2) are using the right character. You may have inadvertently left them out or used the wrong character, like curly apostrophes (‘ ’) instead of straight ones (' '). Essentially it should look like the script below:

define('DB_PASSWORD', 'MyPassowrd%!');

Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted

Re: Problem with Godaddy database password reset and wordpress wp-admin

@JesseW, I've been foiled by that one before.  I ended up digging up a old backup config.php file and doing a password reset to what it was, which was working.  I've at least regained access to the site, now to try and get back into the admin interface.  

Thanks for the help