cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Problems with customer support on WordPress website

For the past 2 weeks, my website has been down. I have called, chatted, messages etc numerous times, each time I am told something different/given different instructions. Most recently as Tuesday I was on the phone firstly for 1hr 38 mins, was told the fault had been found and I would be called with good or bad news in less than 2 hours. 3 hours passed, so I called again, this time 45 mins and again the fault was found and definitely this time, it would be back shortly. Of course it wasn't. So at 8.40pm (Australian time) I jumped on chat - not very helpful again, and was told they were helping 3x other customers at the same - I don't really care, why was this information served? Just shows there are lots of people that GoDaddy is not helping. Then at 8.58pm chat was disconnected, no warning. I know chat/phone hours are till 9pm Aus time but really? No warning! At this stage 3x separate award-winning support staff had told that it was definitely the SSL certificate that needed to be rekeyed and once I or my IT manager did this all would be good. My IT manager assured me this wasn't the case. The following day, no change to my site, I jump on chat & Facebook messenger again... this time I was told on live chat no it's not the SSL it's something to do with pinging & the dedicated IP address... so that is now set in motion and all would be sorted in up to 72 hours but probably 24hours. Over on Messenger I was greeted by a rude staff member how was only ready to antagonise me... saying I wasn't misinformed and that the onus was squarely on my shoulders because of the SSL certificate - how can a certificate that was purchased in April 2019 now be an issue? All this happened following a hosting server update, from GoDaddy's end. Anyway... this morning my website is partially back. No links/pages work - only the home/landing page. Although I got an email from the award-winning team advising the issue was now resolved. It's not. So the incompetency of GoDaddy continues... 2 weeks running! I have all faith in my IT manager who has managed to finally gain access to the back-end this morning and is working away. I have lost all faith & trust in GoDaddy - you'd think that with all the products and money I have paid over the years I would be able to get some decent customer service/support. I have tried jumping on chat this morning... the chat doesn't come up and if you go to 'Contact Us' page, it just keeps loading. I don't have any more time to waste on this anymore. GoDaddy needs to pick up the slack and fix this! I have no doubt my IT manager will do it first and properly. If only I could have him provide everything that GoDaddy does - we are looking at other domain/hosting companies but this is beyond ridiculous! 2 weeks and counting with no access to my website. I've run out of apologies to my clients but GoDaddy doesn't care about their customers and their businesses. I know I am on the old system and should transfer to the new system but it light of recent events, I am terrified of trusting GoDaddy with anything right now! And I discussed this with Nidhi yesterday and was told I would receive a discount to transfer to the new system, a discount? That's all, 2 weeks of no access to my website is worth? What horrible, horrible customer service you have GoDaddy! I should be offered compensation of some sort. And I have lodged a complaint with the ACCC - Australian Competition and Consumer Commission - I am hopeful they will be able to help me in this matter. And yes I did ask to speak with a supervisor on a number of occasions and was dismissed each time, I was told this wasn't necessary my case was very important to them and the situation would be resolved shortly.

I can see that my website is slowly coming back to life, my IT manager is doing his job. 

www.kriskatpublicity.com.au 

Customer #: [CUSTOMER NUMBER REMOVED. PLEASE DON'T SHARE YOUR PRIVATE ACCOUNT DETAILS ON THIS PUBLIC FORUM]

I know you don't take email complaints but as I can't get on to chat I can't lodge my complaint direct. I don't want to call again... I am well and truly over it! GoDaddy_email_17012020.jpgKKP_17012020#2.jpgKKP_17012020.jpgGoDaddy_13012020.jpgGoDaddy_Chat_14012020.jpgGoDaddy_Chat_notloading_170120202_1010AM.jpgGoDaddy_Chat_notloading_170120202_1046AM.jpgGoDaddy_email_13012020.jpgKKP_website_14012020.jpgKKP_website_15012020.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Problems with customer support on WordPress website

Hi @KrisKat,

We're sorry to hear that you've had an poor experience with our support team. GoDaddy wants all customers to have a positive experience, not the one you're reporting here. We'll have your feedback passed on in order to elevate our customer care. We're always looking for ways to improve and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. 

If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, we'd encourage you to post that subject in its own thread. The users in this community forum will have no access to your account to determine what the issue is or be able to help with support issues. With a post focused on the technical issue, another Community member may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User I
Super User I

@KrisKat 

First of all, I just want you to know I edited your post a bit to remove your Customer #. Please don't put that in any sort of public forum as it can be used to access your GoDaddy account. It doesn't take much to steal info on the internet.

Based on what I'm seeing when I open the site, which opens very fast, by the way, you just have some elements on your site not loading correctly to HTTPS. Try the Really Simple SSL plugin. Should fix the mixed media issue.

Also, you don't need an IT guy to work on your website. You need a website designer. Specifically, in this case, a WordPress web designer. IT is good for networking. Not so much on website management. Use the right tool for the right job.

Oh, and some helpful advice on the Live Chat: always access it from the US version of the GoDaddy site. I don't know why, but that's the only way I can ever get it to work and not disconnect me when I'm somewhere besides the States.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Hi @KrisKat,

We're sorry to hear that you've had an poor experience with our support team. GoDaddy wants all customers to have a positive experience, not the one you're reporting here. We'll have your feedback passed on in order to elevate our customer care. We're always looking for ways to improve and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. 

If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, we'd encourage you to post that subject in its own thread. The users in this community forum will have no access to your account to determine what the issue is or be able to help with support issues. With a post focused on the technical issue, another Community member may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Wow firstly thanks for removing my customer #... but everything else you've said is very patronising. I call him my IT manager because he looks after anything to do with my site & the stuff I can't deal with. He is a designer and created my site - which I am VERY happy with and works fine most of the time but every so often, following an update is by GoDaddy, there's an issue. And my point of the whole post was that their customer service and support is atrocious. And I don't know who is giving out these awards so they can claim to have 'award-winning' anything. My site is opening, whether it be fast or not, for the first time in 2 weeks... can you understand that? And why do GoDaddy offer products worldwide if their chat/support doesn't work worldwide? They are happy to take my money but not offer support. Wasting my time here... I'll leave it to the ACCC. 

Super User I
Super User I

@KrisKat 

I apologize that you took my words as patronizing, but this is my profession and I don't sugarcoat. These are very simple WordPress site issues, everything you describe, that is easily corrected by a skilled web designer. It shouldn't have taken two weeks to get your site fixed, regardless of how the hosting company dealt with the issue. That's just based on 15-years doing the job at this point. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm sure your IT guy is an awesome guy with a lot of skill.

I do hope your experience gets better, however. I'm not sure at all why the Live Chat is like that and I very much agree that it's annoying. That being said, I've been paying attention to the moves GoDaddy is making and I think they're getting back to a very customer-centered ideology that seems really promising.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Helper VI
Helper VI

@KrisKat I'm curious, If i had an issue with my website that that was created by someone else, I would have first gone to that person, cause each person creates websites differently, so I can understand that if you asked another support person whether it be GoDaddy or not and them not fully understanding how your website was created since that other person wasn't the one that created it. With that being, I would always assume their help is best effort at that time if I couldn't get ahold of my original website designer. That is my personal opinion. 

Good thing, I'm showing your WordPress site is running fast in the US and that your site is showing a valid signed SSL that was issued 1/14/2020 according to the cert, which does expire 4/3/2021 according to your cert info. 

But I can relate to you. No hosting provider can promise me 100% uptime for my website, just like my cell provider can't promise me 100% internet coverage, so I lose customers accessing my website in those areas where customers rely on there cell provider for there data. 

Technology is always frustrating. We believe we can rely on it for everything, but somedays that is for sure not the case. 

Thanks for sharing your frustration with the community. We all have our days like this, believe me. I always have my fair share of my website designer not giving me what I want, forgetting to renew a domain(s), paying my hosting bill(s), making sure i renew my SSL cert(s), and etc... 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***