Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
AsimKhan2019
Helper I

Setting up Word press themes is very hard

Hi, 

I have found it very difficult to select new themes or changing themes. Once I select the theme and try to view it, it does not show or apply at all. Also when I want to change it, the changes do not take place. 

While editing, it shows the theme I am using and I am happy about it, but when I publish it then it does not show at all. 

Please help me. 

Regards,

Asim Khan

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@PL281 

Hi, 

I just learned that in order to change the theme you need to go to appearance and choose customize. Then start editing that theme and publish it. It starts to work then. Also in the plesk dashboard you need to select the theme as well. 

Regards,

Asim Khan 

View solution in original post

@AsimKhan2019 

Generally speaking you should not have to do anything in Plesk to adjust plugins / themes in WordPress - it is there as an "FYI" tool

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

3 REPLIES 3
PL281
Super User IV

@AsimKhan2019 

I'm a bit confused by your question / steps - It sounds like you are changing the theme in the GoDaddy Websites + Marketing platform vs WordPress - perhaps you can post a screen capture

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@PL281 

Hi, 

I just learned that in order to change the theme you need to go to appearance and choose customize. Then start editing that theme and publish it. It starts to work then. Also in the plesk dashboard you need to select the theme as well. 

Regards,

Asim Khan 

@AsimKhan2019 

Generally speaking you should not have to do anything in Plesk to adjust plugins / themes in WordPress - it is there as an "FYI" tool