cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Slow Website

My wordpress website is running quite slow. Can someone help me improve the speed? Or is there a better web solution that I should be using. I like having the ability to add features like Gravity Forms, but if plugins are going to cause such slow speeds I would rather do something different.

www.runback.ca

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Slow Website

@Rnbck

Plugins -- and themes -- can definitely slow down a site.  Gravity forms, however, is not one of those.  I use that plugin on some of my sites without any performance issues.   When it comes to plugins less is more as they do use resources.

I ran a speed test for you and there are areas for improvement.  The report notes you are using FusionBuilder -- see how your site does without that. 

I also see you are using Avada -- one of the most popular WordPress themes. The more a theme does the "heavier" it is on resources.  There have been reports of Avada being pokey in certain environments -- you can try a leaner theme to see if that makes a difference for you.

Also the report shows you'll want to do some minification of both FusionBuilder and Avada files.  Autoptimize is a plugin that may help with that

Other than the Avada and FusionBuilder issues it's straight A's!  So you know where to look to speed things up!

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt