cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Stuck on theme selection

I am setting initialize setup of my new wordpress website but while doing wp-admin settings it got stuck on choose a theme. It's not giving me any option to choose any theme. Just showing this only "Choose a design for your website (don't worry, you can change this later)". Please help me as soon as possible

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Stuck on theme selection

Hi @rpriyesh8. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! The only time I've seen something similar happen was when trying to setup a Managed WordPress account where the domain was not pointed to the actual hosting server. This somehow interferes with the theme installation process. You may want to try restarting the install (by removing your site) and using a temporary URL if you're in a similar situation. Even if you're not, restarting the install may get things moving again. Please consider following up here once you resolve the issue so others can benefit from what you've found out. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Solution

Same thing here, figured out to go to address bar and change  

YOURDOMAIN/DIR -wp-admin/?page=wpem&step=theme

to 

YOURDOMAIN/DIRwp-admin/?page=wpem&step=start 

Will take you to first page of wizard. Choose not to use wizard and you will go directly to your dashboard.

New

Samalama's solution of changing theme to start in the URL worked for me. 

Thanks for the save! Smiley Very Happy

That worked for me...

That worked for me... http://www.novinwebsite.com

Thank you

great! It Work!

YOURDOMAIN/DIRwp-admin/?page=wpem&step=start

chose theme again,and click 'NO THANKS'