cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The connection was reset. ERROR

I manage a site.

Idahoutv.org

Everything has worked for many months. My client contacted me and stated he received an error when attempting to log in. I also received the error. The client stated he had no changed anything. I have not changed anything. I had heard there was some upgrades done to the godaddy servers and this issue could have come from it. However it was some time ago. I saw another post that this could be the result of an attempted brute force attack. Please provide guidance people

I can access via ftp. The front end works fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can access the internet. Here I am.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: The connection was reset. ERROR

Hi @Aienhead. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

I'm not aware of any issues/updates on our end that would cause what you're describing. It sounds like a networking issue, but if you're able to access the front end, you should also be able to access the backend. My suggestion would be to try clearing your browser cache. If that doesn't help, I recommend getting in touch with our support team so they can take a closer look at what's going on. If you're able to resolve the issue, please consider following up here so others can benefit from your experience.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: The connection was reset. ERROR

I have this same error message, almost every time I attempt to publish changes. I thought it was theme-related, and have changed my php settings to reflect elegant theme's requirements. Today, I increased the settings even more, and still get the error message. I've made one page test sites with very little content, and still get the error message. I've tried other themes, and still get the error!!! Argh.

AT&T (my ISP) tested the line and found no problems.

At this point, I'm going to ask friends if I can install on their server space (other than godaddy) and see if the problem persists. If not... well...