cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Wordpress Domain not working

Hi there, I have a wordpress site with Godaddy and it was up and running on a temporary domain. I've switched it to point to my actual domain (which is also hosted by GoDaddy) but now my website is blank. Is there something else I need to do? I did the transfer yesterday and given it 24 hours but it's still not working. 

I just spoke to a Godaddy rep on live chat and they said I need to talk to their hosting department, who are not available on live chat....which is not helpful at all. 

4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Not applicable

@Britomartus wrote:

Hi there, I have a wordpress site with Godaddy and it was up and running on a temporary domain. I've switched it to point to my actual domain (which is also hosted by GoDaddy) but now my website is blank. Is there something else I need to do? I did the transfer yesterday and given it 24 hours but it's still not working. 

I just spoke to a Godaddy rep on live chat and they said I need to talk to their hosting department, who are not available on live chat....which is not helpful at all. 

The person on live chat probably suggested you phone support where you can get hold of the guys in the hosting department. I suggest this too, and that is, helpful. 

What is the point of having live chat if all they are going to tell you to do is phone support? I could see the phone support options on the website but I much prefer to type as I am very uncomfortable talking to strangers on the phone. Dunno why, I always have been. Especially when I've got to explain complex things like temporary domain names, FTP addresses etc. My brain just 'farts' and I can't get the words out. 

I much prefer submitting a support ticket with all the details in but that option is not available, so my second best option was live chat where I at least had the chance of forming coherent sentences but that is also not an option. 

Anyway, rant over. It seems I was just too eager. The article I read suggested it would take up to 24 hours for my domain to transfer over, I just had to wait a few hours longer than that and it is sorted. 

Thanks for trying to help, my issue about talking to people on the phone is weird I know but it is difficult for me. 

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @Britomartus,

support are good guys who are easy to talk with. Don't be shy 😉

Advocate VII

Hi @Britomartus,

On getting the domain from temp to production, make sure that you change your A-record, flush cache on both the server and your browser. Here's a link on changing the A-record.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-an-a-record-19239

Confirm in WP settings that your site is set to your actual domain name.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites