cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WordPress Emails to New Users / Password Recovery Emails Not Working?

I've been testing this for the past few days...

We've been informed that new users are not receiving their password email upon registering I have tested this using a Yahoo, Hotmail and owned domain email address and none were received, this seems the same with password reset request emails.

Is this something to do with the GoDaddy hosted WordPress settings/package, is anyone else experiencing this or able to suggest how I could investigate the issue further..? I don't believe any plugins are interfering.

Thank you for any information and/or suggestions.

Andy 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WordPress Emails to New Users / Password Recovery Emails Not Working?

Hi @AndyBaines. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! My first thought is maybe you have email settings in your site that are not configured to work on our servers. This is more common of sites migrated to Managed WordPress than if you build them from the ground up. Make sure that any SMTP settings you have are either using PHP mail or are specifying relay-hosting.secureserver.net as the email server. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted

Re: WordPress Emails to New Users / Password Recovery Emails Not Working?

According to a GoDaddy representative this is why the emails are not being received, it is the auto response from the Yahoo server...

Error: "421 4.7.0 [XXX] Messages from x.x.x.x temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55....

...it sounds as though a server is being blocked, I doubt it's down to me as the site hasn't been sending out emails until recently, can you please arrange some investigating to see if this is a GoDaddy issue as I cannot test this from our end.

Thank you

Andy