Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Wordpress 401 - Unauthorized error since hosting account migration

Hello,

I am getting a user name and password pop up dialog then a:

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

when trying to view my wordpress website. www.theosfc.net

This seems to have occurred after GoDaddy automatically (without my knowledge) migrated my hosting account to a new server.

I contacted customer service two days ago and they said that they would "reset everything" and it should work after that. They also stated it could take up to 24 hrs to reset everything. It's been 48 hours and I still receive the same error.

I've tried everything I know how to do, and my client is getting unhappy. Please help!

Thank you!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Wordpress 401 - Unauthorized error since hosting account migration

Hi @TL. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

It definitely sounds like there is an issue with your hosting account. This probably won't be resolved by any suggestion provided here on the community forum. My recommendation is to reach out to our hosting team again. If the reset they performed didn't fix the issue, then the situation may need to be escalated to a hosting admin for review. Please reach out to our support team at your earliest convenience. Please feel free to follow up here with how the situation turns out. Others may benefit from what you experience.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New
Solution

Re: Wordpress 401 - Unauthorized error since hosting account migration

Thank you Jessie. Yes, I did contact support again and the issue was escalated. Finally got my site back this morning. Turns out it was a permissions issue from when the site got migrated to a different server.