cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Wordpress Fatal Error

Hello,  could really use some help.  I am receiving the below error after completing updates on our wordpress sites.  Now, I can't even restore from backup.   If anyone can help, I would be so appreciative.  I am not very tech savvy and this is a small ministry website.

Error message we received: The website at http://bfcohio.org/ has a fatal error: `Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/jdgroh/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-recovery-mode-link-service.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php73/usr/share/pear') in /home/jdgroh/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 44`. Please resolve it and retry the process, or if that doesn't help, please contact our support.

When you go to the website bfcohio.org itself, you get this

Warning: require(/home/jdgroh/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-recovery-mode-link-service.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jdgroh/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 44

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/jdgroh/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-recovery-mode-link-service.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php73/usr/share/pear') in /home/jdgroh/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 44

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@bfcohio1 

Personally what I would do is download the latest version of WordPress / upload it to cPanel and unzip it - I would make sure I had a backup first -

That should hopefully restore your core WordPress Installation.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@bfcohio1 

It seems like some of your core WordPress files were deleted - I would first try to reinstall (or check the permissions) for the core WordPress files

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Thank you @PL281,

Not sure where to even begin.  Can you point me in the right direction?

@bfcohio1 

Personally what I would do is download the latest version of WordPress / upload it to cPanel and unzip it - I would make sure I had a backup first -

That should hopefully restore your core WordPress Installation.

View solution in original post