cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wordpress Migration Not Working

Migration in Wordpress Hosting doesn't work I created a migration via the Wordpress hosting, The migration was sitting at 40% for hours, then I got a popup with a message "We can't access your wordpress account" the only option I got was a RETRY button. Then I tried to create a clean wp site and use Manage WP to clone the site. (2 attempts) 1) Got the following error: Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. 2nd attempt: The clone seemed to have gone through, but when clicking on WP ADMIN, it takes me to the original site and not the cloned site. I cannot login to the clone site at all. Migration and Cloning is not working. Please help
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Wordpress Migration Not Working

Godaddy had been hack attacked!

so does that mean our sites are tampered with?

Is that why Migration is not working??

Helper VI
Helper VI

@kwaninmacau

Dude stop spreading lies across the forum.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

ok.. so if we haven't been hacked,   Why is the Migration not working?

Can someone please explain why i have tried several attempts and still cannot clone my site.

thanks

Helper VI
Helper VI

Hello.

There are to may reasons for which the automated migration process can failed, maybe that is why nobody is quick to give you a definitive answer, but if you have try a few times and you see that the process does not complete why don't you try a migration plugin like this

https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

or pick another from here

https://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?type=term&q=+WP+Migration

I hope this will help you.

Good luck.

Smiley Happy

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
Helper II

Likely best to provide a bit more information.

Usual migration path is to make a backup, then restore the backup somewhere.

I've been using Duplicator recently for backups, because it works pretty much every time.

If you're seeing 500 errors, likely you'll have to move one or more plugins out of the way.

I usually to this at the command line + you can do it with FTP also.

1) turn on WP_DEBUG

2) take whatever site action is required to generate the 500 error

3) download your wp.debug log + look for Fatal errors

4) Once you find the offending plugin, create a directory called wp-content/plugins-aside + using FTP or mv (on command line), cd to wp-content + move the offending plugin directory from plugins to plugins-aside, so plugin never executes.

Some weeks I migrate 100s of sites. This little trick keeps migrations smooth.

I can appreciate that this post is old, but I am running into the same issues as the people posting here. I have tried to use both All In One Migration and Duplicator to deploy my client's website. And to be clear I have tried with my other clients in the past who have hosted with you to deploy and ended up moving the website to another hosting company. 

Even though we have:

• increased max_execution_time to 1200
  • maximized the memory limit
  • upload_max_filesize to 1 gig
  • max_input_time to -1 - no time limit...

Fresh Wordpress installs AND a day later...

I still can't deploy the site using either plugin. It has been recommended that I manually migrate the site.... Are you kidding me?

A solution would be appreciated.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @paulaw6,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues! Sounds very frustrating. The best thing to do is to contact our customer support team who can look into your account and troubleshoot the issue with you. It you don't already have our contact info, here it is https://www.godaddy.com/community/Account-Management/Godaddy-Customer-Support-contact-phone-numbers-.... Take care and I hope you get this resolved asap. It would be great if you would come back and share with all of us what was causing the issue and what fix was put in place. 

Rachel

This is how I best solve this issue also - stay as far away from GoDaddy Hosting as possible solves this problem best. I have done all the above also. None of the usual migration plugins work with "Managed" WP Hosting. Really? A 100% manual transfer or pay GoDaddy $100. is the options given after 1 .5 days of troubleshooting! What is this 1997? There are FAR BETTER hosting options out there.