cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Wordpress on GoDaddy

I built my first Wordpress site on bluehost. Now three of my friends want me to build sites for them. I want to use GoDaddy but I’m curious about their Wordpress hosting package. Bluehost has started offering something similar but it’s $20 a month. So with Godaddy which hosting would be best for me? The Wordpress hosting or could I get by with regular hosting and install bluepress? Which is what I did with bluehost.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@ohilveti9 

I'm not as familiar with the BlueHost options plans but what I can tell you is that 

GoDaddy has Managed WordPress - which is a Managed Platform and not just cPanel "tweaked" for WordPress.

BlueHost appears to have 2 offerings "Shared" WordPress - which seems just their cPanel hosting with WordPress slapped on top of it

The also have have a Pro package - but they claim unlimited websites  - Which I find hard to believe this is a true managed platform at the price points 

Again I do not have any specific experience / knowledge of the Bluehost offering

I can tell you that I personally use the Managed WordPress platform from GoDaddy - They have a 5 pack of sites starting at $24.99/month https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/pro-wordpress-hosting

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@ohilveti9 

I'm not as familiar with the BlueHost options plans but what I can tell you is that 

GoDaddy has Managed WordPress - which is a Managed Platform and not just cPanel "tweaked" for WordPress.

BlueHost appears to have 2 offerings "Shared" WordPress - which seems just their cPanel hosting with WordPress slapped on top of it

The also have have a Pro package - but they claim unlimited websites  - Which I find hard to believe this is a true managed platform at the price points 

Again I do not have any specific experience / knowledge of the Bluehost offering

I can tell you that I personally use the Managed WordPress platform from GoDaddy - They have a 5 pack of sites starting at $24.99/month https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/pro-wordpress-hosting

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post