cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work with my own database in WordPress

I don´t know if this was question before but...

I want to migrated a web page to wordpress; but when I´m doing the test I can´t create or import the database that I have to the phpMyAdmin that came with the GoDaddy plan that we buy it

Do I have to upgrade to another plan or maybe is a way to do it without buying a new one?

Sorry for my English this is not my home languaje but I understand something by reading it

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Work with my own database in WordPress

Depending on what you are moving from to WordPress the content has a different migration path @bettelli. I can tell you that moving a database from one platform to another is a bit of a task. What is your current website running on and coded in? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted

The website was make on .ASP and work with a MySQL database... but my boos wanna change it to WordPress without losing any data and Google positioning

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

I've had a web design and development business for more than a decade and I would not guarantee that kind of outcome in that situation. When migrating from Joomla, Blogger, Tumblr, Weebly to WordPress there is a process and scripts. Normally what these scripts do is map like fields and allow you to import your data into WordPress. I don't know your database but the same thing would be necessary. 

Perhaps you'd be better off duplicating than migrating? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head