cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

changing themes on WP does not really work

Hello everyone. I am using WP through the cPanel, and while I managed to start a website using one of the three basic preinstalled themes, I am having problems choosing another theme for my website. None of the graphic properties of my theme choice are carried over, only the fonts and some of the widgets. The theme graphics are missing and none of the layout looks like in the picture preview. I cannot even get my website to preview in the new theme. I have deleted everything and started again from scratch, because I thought some of the functions were embedded in my old folders or cache somehow, but the problem still exists. 

Please help! 

Thank you Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: changing themes on WP does not really work

Hi @ZeeL. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like the new theme you're trying to use doesn't look the same as it does in its screenshots. It's really hard to say for sure what might be happening without knowing which theme you're referring to. Most issues with themes come down to compatibility either with plugins or the version of WordPress you're using. If a theme hasn't been updated to work with the most recent version of WordPress, it might not display correctly or be missing features. Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.