cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

website fine but unable to log into Wordpress

Hi guys,

Beginner here but had an issue with our wordpress admin login after a failed plugin update for Yoast. I got this error message below:

Warning: include(/home/mellstck15/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/admin/class-product-upsell-notice.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mellstck15/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/vendor/composer/ClassLoader52.php on line 186

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/mellstck15/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/admin/class-product-upsell-notice.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mellstck15/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/vendor/composer/ClassLoader52.php on line 186

Fatal error: Class 'WPSEO_Product_Upsell_Notice' not found in /home/mellstck15/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/inc/class-upgrade.php on line 80

Am I right in thinking that if I remove the file from the CPanel that it should release the problem and allow me to access the admin page again for the site?

Many thanks in advance for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: website fine but unable to log into Wordpress

Hi @TonyTres, I'd open the file manager in cPanel and delete the folder wordpress-seo, in wp-content/plugins, and then try to login again.

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo Smiley Happy
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution Smiley Very Happy
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

Hi @TonyTres,

You may need to check your resource allocation for memory and php execution.  Often times a plugin will seem to install fine, but as soon as the additional load is put on the system during execution you see the problem.

If you check your wpconfig.php file look for these lines:

//** Increase Memory ** //
 define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '2048M' );

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M');

In many default installations, memory may only be set to 256 or 512 which is sufficient for many applications.  Check yours and make sure you have enough. If you are on a cpanel setup, you may also need to update the .user.ini file to look something like this:

memory_limit = 1024M
max_execution_time = 320
max_input_time = 240
post_max_size = 120M
max_input_vars = 2000
file_uploads = 6
max_file_uploads = 20
upload_max_filesize = 100M

As to whether or not just removing the files will restore access -- depends on how the database was modified on plugin installation.  Sometimes, once the damage is done on a plugin installation, the only way back is a restore.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Thank you James @JMPepper, I am glad to say that the issue is now fixed and I can access the dashboard again!

Still getting my head around a lot of it but I really appreciate the time you took to reply to me in such detail.

Have a great weekend!

Tony