• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Beware - Website Builder Logins Not working on private pages

Terrible issues with private pages requiring login even when logged in.  Then they allow you to go into private pages without being logged in and continue to get errors randomly that can only be fixed by clearing cookies/cache each time.  Trying to get GoDaddy to recognize and understand the random nature but no luck.  Have sent them screen shots showing the issues.  Dangerous to use this as an online store with this kind of login chaos.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Beware - Website Builder Logins Not working on private pages

Hi @Waileawahinegol,

Welcome to the Community!

GoDaddy isn't reporting any issues with the login, so it's not clear what you are encountering. Can you reply here with the screenshots so that others in the Community may relate and advise for their situation. If you're able to share the domain name, we could also test in various browsers/networks. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

Re: Beware - Website Builder Logins Not working on private pages/?isc=gdcommment

Go into Edge and get this error when trying to access website.Using
    vh23@icloud.com to login.

Then second time, got in. While it took me to the MEMBERS>>Scheduling page
    that was in question (see below)

this time when accessing the MEMBERS>>Game Results page it booted me back
    every time to the login screen

so it's not my html or links in the scheduling section.here is a screenshot.
    This is the case with Edge and also Internet Explorer. Clearing the Cookies
    and Cache did not fix this.

This also has now started in Firefox which it worked fine in. When I clear
    the Cookies and Cache in Firefox it works again for a while. Very
    inconsistent.

Further, after logging OUT it still then lets me get to private pages
    anyway.see this page MEMBERS>>Member Directory

This should give your engineers some things to work with. Please expedite.
    We are at a critical time with scheduling and can't have this happening.

Re: Beware - Website Builder Logins Not working on private pages/?isc=gdcommment

Here are the screen shots.Access to Private even when not logged in..jpgFirefox login duplication.jpgSchedule Login Duplicates.jpgSite Unavailabe.jpg

So here is the latest and greatest after even more time on the phone...

Yesterday when I spoke to another tech they check on our issues and found that there was a fix implemented and then had to clear the cache and reset the connections on the server side.  It seemed to work for a while, but now for instance this user is getting locked out of the private page Scheduling again.  Also occurs on Firefox which she cleared cookies/cache.  This fixed Firefox although it still brings the screen up strange as in the picture (she can slide it out of the way-this is not the way your product allows it to be designed), but does not fix Safari.  Users should NOT have to clear the cache all the time and we also shouldsite error.jpg NOT have to call and have you reset the 'connections' all the time.  This issue is of great concern if we ever want an online store.  People should not use this product with sensitive data as long as your engineers can't figure out a permanent fix.  She logs in and then goes to the MEMBERS>>Scheduling page and gets this and can't get beyond it...

site error.jpg

STILL happening - In Firefox now and was able to get in for a day or two and now I log in and even though logged in, wants me to log in to private page anyway but won't allow access.  People you need to take this seriously.

image.png

I have spent all day adding my members one by one because the import wouldn't work.  I just tried testing the reset password with two different emails that I know are in the database, nothing, I haven't received an email to either address.  In Manage Members it says they have been invited to create a password, but I have two emails in the list and have received nothing.  Very annoyed about this, I am suppose to be launching my member site today 😞

@TLH This has been an ongoing problem that GoDaddy has told me is our issue and additionally state that “we have thousands of users and no one else is having this problem.” You will have to spend hours on the phone with random techs who work with advanced techs not developers. The tier 2 or “advanced” techs tend to be less competent and will most of the time tell you it’s your issue and they can’t duplicate it. I have spent three weeks with this and now have a new issue with the logins and We still have an issue with users randomly not receiving the email invite for a login. we still have an issue with users randomly not receiving the email invite for a login. In the past 10 days and after hours on the phone being very adamant trying to troubleshoot for them, they have finally submitted a ticket to development. Funny thing is on an 1.5 hour call last night the tech was working with one of these advanced techs that insisted we had a browser problem. I kept at them for another hour and they finally had to admit that they were seeing inconsistencies and pass it on to the people who should know. (Developers). This is very frustrating and a very poor way to handle issues that are clearly inconsistent and cannot possibly be on the users browser side. Good luck. I hope you have a lot of time to call and speak with various different people about the same issue.

Super User I
    Super User I

@KimmyP have you checked the SPAM on those emails? I believe those emails come from @secureserver.net; at least that is where it came from just now when i did a reset password. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
    Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Beware - Website Builder Logins Not working on private pages

@Waileawahinegol I'm sorry to hear that your site is having trouble with login. I just tried several times to get mine to break like your in Edge and New Edge (Beta) and had no luck. Hopefully, this is only a temporary issue for your site. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

This is a random and inconsistent problem so that doesn’t really mean anything.

Sent from my iPhone
    Super User I
    Super User I

I'm curious if inconsistent in just your environment only or multiple environments, which is why I was trying to brake it so I can relate to your issue and try to share a video clip of it.

I did reach out to a couple of my clients as well that I know have member pages and they reported back not seeing any issues either.

But I'll keep on trying and will keep following up with my clients for you as well if they issue arrises for them.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis