• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Image tagging

Stay with me now. I recently built a site but held off adding a payment method. I loaded over 100 product images. When I finally decided to add a payment method there was no way around having to rebuild my entire site. After rebuilding I worked on my SEO options. When I started tagging images I found that I’m only allowed to tag 10 at a time. What? Anyway From what I can see there’s no way to choose which images to tag, there seems to be a random order of images showing up as I go through the tagging process. I would like to be able to choose these images, especially because I’m only allowed 10.

I’ve been through 3 or 4 unsuccessful chats so now I’m taking it to the people.

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Employee

Hi there @WoodyPW :

Thank you for reaching out to post about the image tagging. I'm going to get this to the right people for you! 

Sales and Support available 24/7 via phone or chat

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
    Employee

Hi there @WoodyPW :

Thank you for reaching out to post about the image tagging. I'm going to get this to the right people for you! 

Sales and Support available 24/7 via phone or chat

View solution in original post

Thanks, I’m in desperate need of fixing this.

This has not been solved as a matter of fact it seems to be ignored and here I am paying all this money for this site that could be going towards advertising somewhere else. I’m also noticing my SEO results have all but completely vanished. 

I don't know if you are using the GD eCommerce store, but if you are, I have been unable to access the SEO on my dashboard for 3 weeks. We are locked out. I have another topic going on this...where specifically are you at when you are trying to tag?

I’m not locked out of my seo settings, my issue is I’m unable to choose which image I want to tag for the seo. I have 131 images and somehow they’ve picked 10 that I don’t care to tag. Very frustrating to say the least. I got on chat for the fourth time last night with an outsourced rep that was not able to help me at all. That’s now 4 chats with zero help.

Are these images on the main pages of your site? Are they product images in your store? Where are the images you want to tag? What type of a section are they in (content, slideshow, etc.)? These are the kinds of things you will need to provide for cust. service to be able to help you. Do you have an informational site only or is it a store site? Not that I would be able to find a solution, but there's not enough information to go on.

The images are product images, gallery images, and uploaded images in general. It is a store site, so collectively I have loads of images uploaded. Out of all four failed chats I’ve encountered there was only one thing said that made sense to me and that was GD copyrights images so I can’t use them once they’ve been copyrighted. The chat guy told me he lifted the copyrights and I could now use any image I wanted. He signed off too soon as everything was the same and I still didn’t have the ability to change images. Soooooo frustrating.