• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Need to make the vertical size of HTML section for call link smaller?

I am new to HTML but have found I need to use it to make my site on the Website builder really what I need. I am adding some HTML sections for a Click to Call link. I actually was able to get it set up, colors and size and all, but the section itself is way to big. Lots of space above and below the one line of words. It makes too much scrolling, especially on mobile to get to the rest of the page.

Please help as quickly as possible if you can. Trying to get this taken care of. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II

HTML is used to identify the different elements, then you can use CSS to say how it should look.  As CSS affects HTML it would depend on your existing code.  Margins and padding define the space around and inside the border of an element, but there are other factors that can affect size.

If you can post the URL of the page you're working on.

You can copy and paste HTML/CSS into a post here 
    by clicking ... "Expand toolbar" 
    and then </> "Insert/Edit code sample".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Super User II

HTML is used to identify the different elements, then you can use CSS to say how it should look.  As CSS affects HTML it would depend on your existing code.  Margins and padding define the space around and inside the border of an element, but there are other factors that can affect size.

If you can post the URL of the page you're working on.

You can copy and paste HTML/CSS into a post here 
    by clicking ... "Expand toolbar" 
    and then </> "Insert/Edit code sample".

View solution in original post