• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Online store: Product image thumbnails only showing four.

Product image thumbnails are only showing 4 at a time when there is room for 7 or 8.  When I initially set up the store it showed the full amount. At some point something changed and now it will only show 4 thumbnails followed by empty space and then the scroll arrow to get to the next 4 thumbnails.  It seems like a minor issue but it might bug me enough to jump to another platform if it can't be corrected.godaddyshopscrnsht.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Zachhays 

Unfortunately, if you have uploaded the 10 image limit and only 4 are displaying that has to be something on the back-end that only GoDaddy support can look into in order to discover what the issue is.

At least now when you contact them you can say you did minimize image size to eliminate the possibility that overly large file sizes were the culprit.    If you talk to them can you come back and report what the issue turned out to be?   That would help others who find this thread with a similar issue.  😉

Judith
    "You have to be odd to be number one." Dr. Seuss

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II

@Zachhays 

So I just ran a test in my test store.  Was able to upload all 10 of the allowed images and they all are displaying.

I would check that the images are the same physical size.   Same physical size allows for consistent layout (that's why I always use square images of the same size).  

Not-any-larger-than-necessary image sizes contribute to your site performance. I would not upload anything larger than 1200 x 1200.  In my test I used 800 x 800 images.  

Delete what you have there, then check that your image sizes and orientation are the same and see if that resolves the issue.

HTH! 😉

Judith

@Muse I resized all the images to 800x800 and it still only shows 4 thumbnails on the product page. 

@Zachhays 

Unfortunately, if you have uploaded the 10 image limit and only 4 are displaying that has to be something on the back-end that only GoDaddy support can look into in order to discover what the issue is.

At least now when you contact them you can say you did minimize image size to eliminate the possibility that overly large file sizes were the culprit.    If you talk to them can you come back and report what the issue turned out to be?   That would help others who find this thread with a similar issue.  😉

Judith

View solution in original post