• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Store private page

Is there a way of adding a page to the store that is for private members only. I would like to be able to provide sales to an invited customer and only have certain products avail to them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II

@canuck054 

What you describe, as far as adding a page to the store to only have certain products for members only is beyond the capabilities of W+M.  

But I think there might be a way to accomplish something similar.  There is the option to add a Private Page to the front-end website where you can have Member's Only content, discount codes, etc.  

What are private pages? Private pages are not accessible to all site visitors. At this time, your settings allow access to private pages by invitation only. You can grant access to specific contacts once you've published.

When you add products to your store you have the option to set the product to be "visible" in the store.   That box is to the right of the Tax Category selection drop down when adding a product.  I'm wondering if making a product *not visible* still allows you to link to that product on the Member's Only page?   This would be close to doing what you describe.

I don't know for sure if this is possible as my test site is not published which prevents me from completely trying this out.  Maybe give that whirl to see?   If not, then moving to WordPress + WooCommerce allows you to have membership capabilities beyond what W + M offers.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Super User II

@canuck054 

What you describe, as far as adding a page to the store to only have certain products for members only is beyond the capabilities of W+M.  

But I think there might be a way to accomplish something similar.  There is the option to add a Private Page to the front-end website where you can have Member's Only content, discount codes, etc.  

What are private pages? Private pages are not accessible to all site visitors. At this time, your settings allow access to private pages by invitation only. You can grant access to specific contacts once you've published.

When you add products to your store you have the option to set the product to be "visible" in the store.   That box is to the right of the Tax Category selection drop down when adding a product.  I'm wondering if making a product *not visible* still allows you to link to that product on the Member's Only page?   This would be close to doing what you describe.

I don't know for sure if this is possible as my test site is not published which prevents me from completely trying this out.  Maybe give that whirl to see?   If not, then moving to WordPress + WooCommerce allows you to have membership capabilities beyond what W + M offers.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

View solution in original post