• Welcome and Announcements

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    estieg
    Former Employee

Connecting with Others: Becoming a Mentor on the GoGetter Community

Connecting with other like-minded entrepreneurs and small business owners is a great start for discussing ideas, sharing insights and best practices, or simply feeling better equipped to take on the challenges all business owners face.

There are times where getting a bit more help can make the difference between a successful, long-term business, and an unforeseen expense that could be avoided.  That's why mentoring is so important, and why the GoGetter Community is always looking for mentors willing to help other business owners.

If you'd like to become a mentor, here's how it works, what you can expect, and what being a Mentor means on the GoGetter site:

Becoming a Mentor:

1. Complete your profile (expertise, professional experience section, and additional info).
    2. On your profile page, click on the "request to be a mentor" button. a message will display auto-populated.  Simply click the "send button."
    3. The Community Management team will review your profile for completeness, and upon approval will send information on helping others, best practices, etc.,  
    4. Upon approval, you'll be given the "Mentor Badge" and be listed in our Mentoring Section.

What You Can Expect:

1. After receiving the Mentor role, we'll be "hear" to answer questions, provide recommendations to help you while mentoring, and provide support as needed.
    2. A user may find your profile within the Mentoring Section, or find your profile directly from a post/comment on the site.  If a user clicks the "Request Mentor" from your profile, you'll receive a message indicating a user is requesting your help.  This generally will only occur if your profile expertise or professional experience matches what the user is looking for in a mentor.
    3. Once you view the request, we suggest reviewing the users profile to understand more about them and determine if they are a good match.  At that point...
    4. Simply reply to the users message accepting or declining the opportunity.

What Does Being A Mentor Involve:

1. We recommend mentoring no more than 2 business at any single time.
    2. As the mentor, you decide the frequency of meetings, and "How."  We recommend Skype or video conferencing.  Scheduling phone calls, emailing, or responding through private message is certainly appropriate as well.  As the mentor, you decide!
    3. As a mentor, we ask that you help the small business owner for a minimum of 4-6 weeks (we recommend clarifying the topics-of-help and amount of time you can provide before accepting any mentoring opportunity).  
    If I answered your question, please mark it as the solution or give it a "Kudo"
    21 REPLIES 21

Re: Connecting with Others: Becoming a Mentor on the GoGetter Community

YES I WILL... 

SATORI ATARIUS K

Sure. Lets see how this might help others. I am in fact a business development consultant (way before this new GoDaddy forum Smiley Happy. Looks great so far. 

Entrepreneurial coach

hello

I cant see option of become a mentor on my profile page

Regards
    Nayan khandor
    Digital Marketing Consultant, India.
    estieg
    Former Employee

@5Online wrote:

hello

I cant see option of become a mentor on my profile page

You should see a green button indicating "request to be a mentor" like in this screenshot.  You must be signed in and on your profile page to see this option.

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 1.57.10 PM.png

If I answered your question, please mark it as the solution or give it a "Kudo"

Contact me via: info@carragencyworldwide.com

Looking forward!
    New

Hi my name is Tristan, i see that you are a business consultant and i was wondering if you would wont to partner up. I am a 14 year old entrepreneur and i am a early career consultant so if you are interested please email me at tjss@tjss.biz      

Is there a compensation component to this or is the expectation that we help another business for 2 - 3 months gratis?

id like a mentor4 seo, any1??? out there4that?

I created a cooking show, had interesting guests and suggested menus and cooked on the set at the beginning of my continued show. Eventually becoming a reality show covering 150 charities, who they were and what they did and how did they support it. With luxury travel and stayed in historic places in bldgs. over 100 years old B & B's and told the owner's story. This includes "The Wrigley Estate" on Catalina Island.less
    Activities and Societies:
     Produced a reality TV show's still airing at non-profit http://www.SCVTV.com/Ginger and in LA channel 99 Design Jewelry, Create oil on Canvas Painting's, offer Speaking to Town Council's across America on Sustainability in fast-growing communities. Fundraising to efforts to provide safety to Domestic Violence. Support Single Mom's, train Hearing Dogs. At the Gala Fundraiser for Single Moms Outreach in Valencia, CA I was a chosen artist. Creating Art that told a story. about her was the Art Theme "Empowering heARTS" I won The People Choice Award 2013. An honor to be judged by those who attended about 300 people. It was a very exciting evening for all who attended. n honoree.

Helper I
    Helper I

Thanks, I appreciate all the help and guidance on this. I will respect the rules  prescribed here ,they seem pretty fair and adequate. 

Now, let's wait that someone needs my expertise and wants to change ideas with me. I am available for them, as much as I can,  and glad to do so.

As a small business owner, you don't want to take chances on working with an advisor who has never "been there." Look for someone with both education and small business ownership experience. I can help! I work with business owners who are looking to improve their company or are looking to acquire or sell. I am a Certified Business Intermediary, earned an MBA, and have more than 15 years of business ownership experience. Put my experience to work! 

New

Hello there. I am a small business-reseller- mentor, and interested in helping on this community as a mentor.

That would be great

Dear Sir, I am an entrepreneur sixty years old and wish to help young entrepreneurs free of charge. Someone has helped me same way free of cost, and that is whay I am a successful entrepreneur. I can guide someone who is interested in the medium scale pharmaceuticals industry, marketing of FMCG products all over India or import wines, pet foods from Canada. Please contact me on email address rajeevthatte111@gmail.com. All the best to your innovative venture. Regards. Rajeev Thatte

Soluciones eficaces y pronta respuesta  para que tu pagina crezca en solo 3 meses, recibiendo la mejor asesoría y emprendimiento para desarrollar un Marketing Excepcional, y una lluvia de Ideas para implementar en la sociedad

I am open to mentoring almost anyone, at any age with no experience to experts. I can help with setting up all GoDaddy products. I've run a GoDaddy reseller site marz.mobi since 1988. I am familiar with all past and current products. I don't raise up the pricing after a year. If you need help with set-up or decide you want someone to do it for you feel free to contact me via Marzflower @ gmail . com. If you transfer to my services, I'll coach, set-up, help market or answer any questions you may have for a nominal fee. I offer the lowest pricing on web services, much, much lower then a website designer should. Hope to hear from you soon, Cheers!

Save money with my GoDaddy reseller site Marz.mobi
    Helper II

Does it have to be on hosting, web development, coding, etc?  Or could it be on general things?  Like for example, how to stop a fish from slapping you in the face?  Tell it to calm its [removed]!! Smiley LOL

Damo

"Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all." - John F. Kennedy

That depends on what you mean by "seo".

New

I am  DhAnAnJay (Jay) ParKhe Speaker Mentor Author ToastMaster Global Goodwill Ambassador

Jay (धनंजय)has A mission. WHAT is Jay's Mission? 
    He is a Mentor. He helps successful executives and Startups achieve positive change. For them, their people, and their teams and become better Still better and become able to beat the best. Startups and SMEs Jay Coaches and Mentors create Employment. This helps build nation. This is Jay's Giving Back to Society Mission.
    HOW does Jay do that? 
    Jay is by nature- Hyper-Curious and Erudite Learner. He's Hyper-Focused, Fast-Paced and a Hyper-Scaler/Business-Hacker..He is a bouncing board, Cheerleader and Hyper-Critical Coach.He is a Task Master and Stickler for Discipline in personal life.
    What is Jay's Experience? 
    45 years of experience. Banking, Fertilisers, Chemicals, Logistics and express Distribution. He taught at B Schools and helped over 500 Entrepreneurs and Executives over past 20 years. to overcome limiting thoughts, behaviours. Jay believes in "NEVER SETTLE". 
    His mission in life does not include Survivalism. He stands for Sustainable Results, strategies that thrive. He has passion about Dreams, Goals, Objectives, Plans.
    He has compassion for humanity. He is a humorous heart. He has a pleasing style and finesse' and aplomb- his hallmark. He was Very aggressive and abrasive, brash, adventurous in Youth. Kind and extremely helpful, charitable and Giving - He is also a Mean "Meaning making machine" Smiley Happy, A Rule maker and Rule Breaker and a Kick-Ass Mentor when required. 
    How does Jay Achieve Mentee Success?: 
    Jay guides Mentees about inner cues, prompts, nudges, prods. 
    Inner provocations, challenges, triggers; create negative vibes, thoughts, behaviours. Jay believes that Transparency, Honesty, Authenticity, Integrity and Love leads to mutual trust. He is proactive and challenges the Mentees. It helps them invoke their inner strengths, inner dreams and ambitions. 
    Twitter handle @dhananjayparkhe

I'm Terrence. My Website is kadtabia.co.

Its not counting what we do , its making what we do count. Why not accounting for what U do?

Yes this absolutely right answer