• GoDaddy Community
  • Welcome and Announcements
  • Welcome and Announcements

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Hello from the Windy City

I am the guy who has transitioned from (manual) typewriters to terabytes. But trade I am an itinerant newspaper reporter and editor; by passion I am attempting to marry the traditional newspaper with its digital successor. Hopefully the folks in this community will have a passel of ideas to help me continually get better.

My site - www.depriestvoters.net - focuses on civic engagement, politics and government in the 17 predominantly African-American wards in Chicago. I can really use your thoughts in ways, in addition to surveys, to make the site more interactive.

Thanx

gx
    5 REPLIES 5
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Hello from the Windy City

Hi there @glennreedus,

Welcome to the GoDaddy Community! So happy to have you a part of this growing group of great people. 

Sounds like you have some really interesting experience and that your website covers a lot of interesting topics. 

Please feel free to start some discussions around questions you may about getting more activity on your website. You can check some of the current topics in the Getting Traffic to Your Business forum and maybe add some of your own. Or start topics in any of the other forums. 

Take care and I look forward to seeing you around in the Community.

Rachel

Advocate V Advocate V
    Advocate V

Welcome Glenn,

Far be it for me to tell you what you should do.  As a journalist, I make a great pirate.  But if you need some direction on how to do it, you've landed on friendly shores.  Welcome to the forums!

Keep on Coding!
    Mark Cicchetti - There are 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thanx for the encouragement Mark

gx
    Helper V

If you know what a typewriter is then perhaps you know what a keypunch machine is for entering data into a computer. I have used keypunch machines.

Yes, there was a time when computer memory was measured by kilobytes and now by terabytes.

Advocate II

Hello from Kansas City

David shelton