cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

403 On subdomain in cPanel

Hello,

I have just started my website, and I added a subdomain (radios.minsectek.com). I have a test file inserted, public_html/radios/test.html. However, when I try to access it by typing radios.minsectek.com/test.html, it says:

-

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /test.html on this server.
Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-

I am new to all of this, I added read permission for all groups on both the subdomain folder itself and the html file but no luck. Any help?

Thanks

Aden

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 403 On subdomain in cPanel

Hi @minstarmin. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

This is pretty strange. The error itself seems to indicate that the file you're trying to access has been designated as an error document. I would recommend getting in touch with our support team so they can look into this. Once you do, it would be great if you could update here so others can benefit from your experience. Thanks!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Seems as if they've forgotten to post here with the solution.

I'm currently having the same issue and I'm wondering if anyone has a solution before I contact support.

New

I also have the same issue.

Do you get it resolved?

New
Solution

ok for my case it has been resolved. somehow i find it funny (yet painful after whole day trying) to finally notice what my mistake was

In the public_html > subdomain folder, you should have move all wordpress files out (if you are using wordpress)

for my case it has been subdomain/wordpress/wordpress files.. it should be subdomain/wordpress files

now I manage to open the subdomain site however stuck with database connection error

edited : now db error also solved with setup in mysql database. I'm very new to developing site so I dont really know about it

New

@deqjie ,Thank you for coming back and updating this post. This helped out alot!  That was the same issue I had. Now resolved.