cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Can I install and use wordpress on domain that I have online store ?

Right now I have Ultimate Linux Hosting with cPanel plan. I also have online store on my domain. Can I go and install wordpress on the same domain and still kept the online store? I just want to install wordpress and play with it before I go live. 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Can I install and use wordpress on domain that I have online store ?

@KrisIL 

Yeah, you can absolutely do that. When setting up WordPress in cPanel, just make sure the directory is something like "blog" or something similar. It will install to that directory and then you should be able to go to your site by doing domain.com/blog or whatever you set up for the directory. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Actually I was able to talk to support and no it's not possible since my domain is pointing to gocentral now because I have the online store. They told me to create a subdomain and install it there.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @KrisIL. While it is technically true that you wouldn't be able to have both an Online Store (site builder) and a WordPress installation for the same domain, there are a few ways around this. For example, if you want to have your Online Store on domain.com, you could use blog.domain.com on your cPanel account and install WordPress there. You could also do it the other way around and have your WordPress install on domain.com and use store.domain.com for your Online Store. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.