cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Cannot Find Nameservers for My Account

Hi,

Okay I recently registered two hosting accounts (Economy Hosting). Now there is no way I can find the nameservers which I should use to point my external domains to my web hosting. As a result I cannot use my web hosting. What should I do?

Can anyone help me please? I found this tutorial: https://pk.godaddy.com/help/find-your-websites-nameservers-16140

But this lead me to screenshot below, which is of no use. Somebody please help me.

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Re: Cannot Find Nameservers for My Account

@dimskk,

Thank you for asking your question!   This is very confusing so I would love to shed some light on the process..  If you just set up hosting with GoDaddy and your domain is with another Registrar, simply Set Up the hosting first.  This creates a zone file, and from there you can get the Name Servers you need!   Of course, a second option is to simply point the A record of your domain to the hosting IP, which I will cover last.

You can set up your hosting by going to 'My Products' which is found by clicking your name on the top right, and clicking 'My Products' in the drop down.  From here, scroll down to 'Web Hosting', find the economy web hosting plan you wanted to use, and if not set up yet, please click 'Set Up'.  Since the domain is not at GoDaddy, you will need to type it in, (which will create a DNS zone entry for that domain), and you can follow the next steps on that help article.  https://pk.godaddy.com/help/find-your-websites-nameservers-16140.  

If you don't want to change your domains Name Servers, but want to point your external domain to your GoDaddy cPanel hosting, all you would need to do after setting up the hosting is to point the "A record" to the new cPanel hosting.  This simply makes your site from cPanel live.  The A record will be set to @ and then the IP of your hosting.  To find your hosting IP address, set up hosting first following above steps.  If already set up, manage into the cPanel and IP address will appear on the left under Server Details.   Refer to this https://in.godaddy.com/help/change-an-a-record-19239.  

William Sullivan - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
P.S. - If you find my answer helpful, please feel free to give kudos.
New

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Well, I already setup my hosting accounts with my domains but the nameserver section is still empty. No nameservers listed. Tell me what to do please.

New
Solution

Hi,

Okay I got it... There is some flaw or issue in Godady script that it does not list the nameservers in the Nameservers section, where they should be listed.

So, alternatively, they can be found in the "Records" section, where they are listed in the end of the list, i.e. The last two entries.

Thanks