cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

GoDaddy Technician Altered Files Out of Spite and Took my Site Down

I have a WordPress site that was occasionally getting 503 errors from maxing out memory as soon as I bought CPanel hosting. It would go down and come back up eventually.

A GoDaddy chat support member said I could upgrade my brand new CPanel plan but was trying to get off the chat otherwise. The site came back up so I decided to go ahead and upgrade the hosting plan as a solution while I worked on optimizing the site.

Now the whole site is 404 gone and obviously the situation is worse than occasional 503s.

Does this typically happen when you increase your CPanel storage?

2 REPLIES 2
New

Re: My Site Disappeared After Speaking to GoDaddy Technician and Upgrading Hosting

It appears the public_html may have been renamed Public_html by an abusive GoDaddy technician. Is that the case?

New
Solution

Re: My Site Disappeared After Speaking to GoDaddy Technician and Upgrading Hosting

Resolved. I have changed the Public_html to public_html and now the site is back up.

It appears the technician Jacob A. made the change for some unknown reason after we hung up the chat, though I'm not sure why there would be any malice.

I'll update if the site goes down again.