cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

I bought Business Hosting but my SSL certificate is not active and I don't know why

i already buy Launch - Business Hosting but my SSL certificate is not active why happen i can you reset?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: SSL certificate

Hey there @FortyMan 

When you say it's not active, can you elaborate? Is it just not showing, partially secure, etc.?

What is the domain? It would help checking for any errors. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: SSL certificate/

www.thegreatfiesta.com can you check @MrVapor 

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: SSL certificate/

Hey @FortyMan 

Okay, so I can see two things happening here.

First, there's no HTTP to HTTPS redirect. This can be solved in the easiest way by adding the Really Simple SSL plugin and activating it. No fuss, no muss. (Usually.)

Second, when I try to load the site as HTTPS, it gives me an Mismatch Name Error, which means the SSL implemented on the wrong domain. In this case, it looks localized to the server itself instead of the domain name. Here's what it tells me:

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Subject: *.prod.phx3.secureserver.net

Issuer: Starfield Secure Certificate Authority - G2

Expires on: Sep 18, 2020

Current date: Apr 1, 2019

Basically, the SSL is there but it's not installed correctly on your domain or server. GoDaddy will correct this for you but it will involve calling into phone support. You'll want to speak with the Hosting Department specifically for this one and have the agent reach out to a tier 2 support agent. They should be able to get this corrected pretty quick and have you up and running within 72 hours or less (usually less from my experience.)

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community