cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

I have a cPanel account. How do I put my WordPress blog into a subdirectory?

I have a cPanel Linux account in which I just set up WordPress. When I go to my website, the WordPress blog comes up. I want to upload a custom page that comes up instead when I go to my website, and have a link on that page to my WordPress blog. I've tried renaming index.php to blog.php, but for some reason I couldn't access mysite.com/blog.php. I've tried moving all the wp-* files and index.php to a new directory called wp and then navigating to mysite.com/wp, but it doesn't show up correctly; some elements aren't found. Help! Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: I have a cPanel account. How do I put my WordPress blog into a subdirectory?

Hi @inhahe

You will want to do the following: 

step 1. Setup subdomain
step 2. Launch installatron
step 3. Choose clone option
step 4. Change destination to new subdomain >> make sure path is left blank. The act of creating a subdomain in step 1 should have already made a subfolder

For instructions on how to setup a subdomain or how to complete the other steps can be found on our help.godaddy.com site.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution

Re: I have a cPanel account. How do I put my WordPress blog into a subdirectory?

Hi @inhahe

You will want to do the following: 

step 1. Setup subdomain
step 2. Launch installatron
step 3. Choose clone option
step 4. Change destination to new subdomain >> make sure path is left blank. The act of creating a subdomain in step 1 should have already made a subfolder

For instructions on how to setup a subdomain or how to complete the other steps can be found on our help.godaddy.com site.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post