cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Problems with cPanel Linux Hosting

When I click on the WordPress application to install it on cPanel it links to the backend of one of my websites! I have never had this issue before. There is something going on with my account even though I spent more than $500 on upgrading my security for this host to SiteLock and SSL certificate... I get notifications daily that new malware has been found. This is the first time I have had an issue with the cPanel itself.

Thank you for your time.

Take care,

Kari

13 REPLIES 13
Solution

Re: Problems with cPanel Linux Hosting

Hi @klisterman.

If malware continues to pop up, there are a few things you can check. It could be a compromised FTP account, so I suggest changing all the FTP passwords. If you are unused FTP accounts, you may want to consider removing them instead.

There could also be a vulnerability in your site. If you are using an app such as WordPress, you will want to ensure that it is up to date. If you are using any plugins, there could also be an issue on one of them.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

Ok. Thank you for your input! I was actually trying to install a new wordpress app through cPanel hosting so that I could start fresh with all of the websites that I have. My plan is to transfer over the uploads folder, upload my .json and .xml files, and upload the newest version of my website's theme and plugins. The problem that I ran into when doing this was that the wordpress application button in cPanel re-directed me to the backend of one of my websites! I was just expressing my concern that all of the malware issues I have been having with my websites had somehow affected my hosting as well! My immediate dilemma, however, is the fact that I am unable to install a new wordpress application from my cPanel account because the button on cPanel has been re-directed. Would you mind looking into this for me? Thanks again for your time.

Take care,

Kari

Thanks again Gary. You confirmed the process that I need to go through in order to try to resolve this malware issue. Disregard the issue I was having with the Wordpress Application button in cPanel. What happened was that I was clicking on the Wordpress button on the top left of cPanel instead of the one near the middle, under Web Applications. I'm still a bit confused as to why that button re-directs me to the backend of one of my own websites, but it's no longer an issue for me now that I found the proper place to go! Thanks again for your time!! Smiley Happy

Take care,
Kari

Hi @klisterman. That's good to hear, glad I could help out.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
New

Problems with cPanel Linux Hosting

Hey guys.

My client purchased a Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel package.

And when i (i'm the designer of the site) try to setup cPanel at the end it brings me to a wordpress signup page. It wasn't so before..had bringed a few clients already to GoDaddy but this is a first.

And from the confirm email my client got it does not state she accidentally purchased a Wordpress hosting pack. It's just a regular hosting pack.

So....is there ANY way to start set up in cPanel NOT USEING WP.

OR how can we get a refund or a plan change???

Since chat support does not work either... Smiley Sad((((((

Thanks! 

Helper IV Helper IV
Helper IV

@Maria - you can set up a WordPress site inside of cPanel in the Linux hosting plan. The Managed WordPress hosting is a different plan and it doesn't include cPanel - it has its own interface.

If you've installed a copy of WordPress that you don't want to use, just delete the files and directories using FTP or File Manager inside of cPanel and upload your own files. Or if you installed WordPress through an installer program like Softaculous or Fantastico, you can use the uninstaller in that.

Cheers!

Doc

Need some help with WordPress? Check out Site Doctor 911
Worry-Free WordPress Support - So You Can Focus On The Important Stuff
New

@SiteDoctor Thank you! 

That means the client purchased  "The Managed WordPress hosting" if we see WordPress @ the end of Hosting Manage Setup??? (shown in the picture) 

Just because the confirmation mail from GoDaddy does not state that we purchased a Managed WordPress Hosting....just the basic cPanel Linux Hosting! And we want exactly that no WordPress whatsoever.  

Helper IV Helper IV
Helper IV

@Maria - No, the Managed WordPress Hosting doesn't include a cPanel account. The WordPress link you see simply gives you an easy step to install WordPress in your Linux Hosting Account, that's all.

Just to make sure this is correct, I would recommend your client checks their GoDaddy account billing which will tell them exactly what type of GoDaddy account they have. But from everything you've said and the screen capture you uploaded, it's not Managed WordPress Hosting.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Doc

Need some help with WordPress? Check out Site Doctor 911
Worry-Free WordPress Support - So You Can Focus On The Important Stuff

I have bought linux hosting because of the number of different tool for hosting it offers. Can I use linux web hosting through my windows OS or should I ask for replacement to windows web hosting?

Unable to Upload Zip Files in MYBB Website

When i try to upload plugins to MYBB website i'm getting this error message "Sorry, your host does not have the ability to extract .zip archives."

How to fix this issue?

Dear GoDaddy

i want to know why my sever is blog? 

why i can't send email to other country?

How can i fix it?

Thanks!

Problems with BackWPup and cPanel Hosting

I get the following error pas part of my BackWPup job:

ERROR: Cannot connect to FTP server

I have similar settings for websites on other hosting... only this GoDaddy hosting doesn't work.

I would like to know if a customer purchasing a hosting plan for 1 yr and link a domain to the hosting plan if in-between cancelled because of any reason why his hosting plan completely delete, mistake can happen it does not mean that for restoration of such cost will be involved I understand what is logical? so tell me what kind of service godaddy offering u are managing many agent and ur multiple agent giving different promo offer which is ethically not correct. After using for 10yrs godaddy not able to take care valued customer forget about service