cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I

Referral scam. I found someone using Mozilla plugin to trick users into giving them referral credit.

A very popular mozilla plugin "screengrab" has been found to pop up a window everytime a user goes to GoDaddy and other hosting sites. It then substitutes in a referral link, so the owner can get credit for any accounts you open.

I'm not sure who to report this too - but would greatly appreciate it if GoDaddy would stop payouts to this person.

Sample code:

stat.s3blog.org/addon.html?addon=screengrab-fix-version&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcrvtck.com%2Fr%2FzNIZSavhuKFDAKpSM-E2WbDRNsJC9OUCw4KY8MZJnWF3vl3rZWPQxnhbcVHl0NadF2DwFMe-X_wE9iA1TgvD_MAQdW6bi1sPMG45ya1Z5CGAMBPC5bnvCKe1jHTM55dDmZPfUEkp_Sjfl5Zq4BczXJ3pIp4mSmn9sbqa9mJuom7w5A9ADpvGdOX0wEF1Vhs4Nv-BYPGlU47GURUJkTa3U9uSfeVqG--8vB8a7KWjZ1bVQaq5G8WZjbktYTtZ5Bg40Y56KyHGG5C_UY_Dj1flSDl6VtOCOuTqOMW2Ptr_TMt8090Tx0z38yHK9HV9Fxikdl4wBGEwY74EIWj1vyxxvsjF62T2zwakqmONa9LCbJLwV-ka0yKVUsAh4QZxS2boe2TSptC9zBe1EoHcwWFlYA7laeKPaf9wOMjyyuVDlSifbICr3f1NHs_ui-UXMWMpWH3wot_JC6CQ2R4Y8iXhngJnVWCXGsBdcPuORZhxNvlsDVnmaiVG6VOIBdhO69fOg5eNiHSiiitGjQvFBzpg76JDoK1E9Xy_nc7R8x8umoKIVST5x-xyuDt552QgTQoAun8U0MyGxBwqLkvdZJDXdA%2C%2C%3FDCHECK&action=show&domain=sso.godaddy.com

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Referral scam. I found someone using Mozilla plugin to trick users into giving them referral cre

Hi @techguy. Thanks for taking the time to share this. From what I can see, they're using a Commission Junction affiliate code. I'd recommend reaching out to them about this. That is where any revenue would be coming from. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Helper I

Re: Referral scam. I found someone using Mozilla plugin to trick users into giving them referral cre

Good point - I will contact them. However I just looked it up and it appears that all GoDaddy affiliates go through CJ:

https://www.godaddy.com/affiliate-programs

I'll report it to them, but GoDaddy should be aware as well, since they are the ones who pay it out. ( At least I think that is how it works ) . Any idea where I would even report that to godaddy? I'm not going to sit on hold for an hour just to report it...

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @techguy. Just wanted to let you know that I did pass this on to our teams that review situations like this and it is under investigation. Thanks for letting us know. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.