cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending email using smtp service

We are trying to connect our phplist installation to an smtp service, however they and phplist say that it is not working because the ports are blocked on godaddy.  Can someone please tell me which ports can be used and any relevant settings.  

We had the phplist working sending through sendmail however this took way too long, so we have decided to use an smtp service.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sending email using smtp service

Hi @MsKazza, it's not possible to set up a custom SMTP for use with a shared hosting account.  You would need to either use the relay server provided for use with shared hosting, or switch your hosting plan to a VPS or Dedicated Server to allow that custom SMTP set up.  

MPC

So how can I send an email to myself (GoDaddy Email) from my WP site when someone fills out a form requesting information?

Hi @DonnaDSparks, thanks for posting.

Typically there is no special configuration that you need to do.

If you are using our WordPress, it usually uses PHP mail() that is automatically configured to send email through our services.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
New

Using the default phpmailer in phplist produces a verification warning to Gmail recipients.  Can you provide the config.php settings to set phplist up to use the relay?