cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Subdomain still shows default page

I created a subdomain and I uploaded all the files with index.html. The name of subdomain is under public_html folder. The name of subdomain is sample1.mymaindomian.com and it has it's own folder under public_html folder with name sample1. It still shows the default page that says "Future home of something quite cool."

How can I solve the problem? 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Subdomain still shows default page

Hi @lq2017. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! That would usually happen if the subdomain hasn't been properly set up to point to its own directory. To my knowledge, subdomains and addon domains do not get their own "coming soon" page, which suggests the subdomain isn't pointed toward the files you uploaded. If you can provide the actual domain and subdomain, someone may be able to give you additional guidance. Otherwise, I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team so they can pinpoint where the issue is. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

I have the same problem. I spent 30 minutes with you chat team then 20 minutes on phone no one resolve it. Very disappointed from the technical level your chat team and phone support team have.

At first, if I go directly to subdomain.domain.com/index.php then it works. Actually what was happening, is Firefox cached the result when the change was pending. Holding SHIFT + RELOAD caused it to work