cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Telling me DNS hosted elsewhere when setting up cpanel

Hello, very amateur dev here. Usually doing design. First time user of goDaddy. I have a site I would like to host for a client. I bought my cPanel. When I enter the domain it tells me it's hosted elsewhere. However, when I access the domain all I see is the Coming Soon. 

I just recently delinked them from their old host but the site is supposed to go live today. Is it a time issue or could their previous webmaster somehow be connecting to it and stopping it? I don't know what infrastructure they were using. I just cleared the A, AAAA records. 

Assistance would be greatly appreciated from those more experienced. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: Telling me DNS hosted elsewhere when setting up cpanel

@amateur_dev wrote:

Hello, very amateur dev here. Usually doing design. First time user of goDaddy. I have a site I would like to host for a client. I bought my cPanel. When I enter the domain it tells me it's hosted elsewhere. However, when I access the domain all I see is the Coming Soon. 

I just recently delinked them from their old host but the site is supposed to go live today. Is it a time issue or could their previous webmaster somehow be connecting to it and stopping it? I don't know what infrastructure they were using. I just cleared the A, AAAA records. 

Assistance would be greatly appreciated from those more experienced. 

Hi @amateur_dev,

First thing you need is a working base to start from. What that means is to go into your DNS settings for your domain and please start with default settings. You should chose default name servers. This will chose Godaddy default NS's and from there on you will be able to go into your hosting settings and assign the domain to your hosting. 

DNS settings may appear to be very simple, but a simple mistake will halt everything........

I am assuming that the domain is registered with GD? If NOT then you need to login to that site and point the domain to the IP of your hosting here!

"Please don't assume I work here just because I have a broom in my hands……."