cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfer web hosting to another account

We have several web hosting plans to service different domains.  We want to transfer both a domain name and its associated hosting plan to one of our partners (who has already set up a GoDaddy account).  Is there a way to transfer the hosting plan (which has a year left on its term) to another account?  Our partner would prefer not to have to purchase a new hosting plan if that is possible.

Thanks,

Kelley

18 REPLIES 18
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Transfer web hosting to another account

Hey @KelleyByTheSea. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

There's not currently a way to move a single hosting plan from one GoDaddy account to another. The only way you'd be able to move the content is if another hosting plan is purchased in the destination account. You can reach out to support to see if there's any possibility of a refund for the time remaining on your hosting. If not, you may consider leaving the hosting where it is until that the time runs out. 

In the future, you may want to set up a GoDaddy Pro account so you can have your clients purchase products in their own accounts but still have access to make any needed changes. More information here: https://www.godaddy.com/pro. 

Can anyone in the community comment on how they've successfully moved clients from one account to another?

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Employee
Employee
Solution

you can also merge the two accounts but that would require one of the accounts to be completely removed. merging allows you to keep the products in one account and merge them into another godaddy account along with all the other products that particular account contained. so basically this is done when someone has more than one account. you dont lose anything. you cant do this via online account on godaddy. you must call customer care for assistance. you need to make sure all contact information on both accounts are identical, along with a few other things needed before the merge. also, remove all protected and private domain settings before this is done. it will not allow you to move forward if you have not. I will post the criteria for merging accounts. hope this helped!

This seems very complicated; I opened (and now own) an account (for my nephew a few years ago), I now wish to turn ownership/management of that account to him, not a sale, just a total account transfer, I wish no part or ownership of the continuing account. My nephew does not have a GoDaddy account. How can he open an account and take in the old established account??

How to transfer cpanel from one account to another?

I have two different Godaddy accounts. I have a cpanel in one of them and I want to move it into the other one. How can I do that?

And do i need to have a hosting plan in the account that I want to transfer to?

New

Transfer Hosting Service from GD Account A to GD Account B

Hi guys, I really need help here. I am having 2 different account for GoDaddy and a big mistake has been done.

I have purchased Hosting service and eventually this purchase should go to GoDaddy account B but due to the wrong login and the purchased was done in GoDaddy account A.

I have transfer my Domain to GoDaddy account B but how do I transfer my hosting to the correct account?

Please help.

Regards,

KX

Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Transfer Hosting Service from GD Account A to GD Account B

@KX wrote:

Hi guys, I really need help here. I am having 2 different account for GoDaddy and a big mistake has been done.

I have purchased Hosting service and eventually this purchase should go to GoDaddy account B but due to the wrong login and the purchased was done in GoDaddy account A.

I have transfer my Domain to GoDaddy account B but how do I transfer my hosting to the correct account?

Please help.

Regards,

KX

@KX Hi there, this is not currently possibly. You'll need to purchase another hosting plan.

---

Helper I

Re: How to transfer cpanel from one account to another?

Simply call the support, validate both accounts and ask them to merge them into one. Its a matter of minutes. Everything will end up in one account and its totally free.

Helper I

Re: Transfer Hosting Service from GD Account A to GD Account B

Hello,

It depends. If all the products you have, you want them to be in one account just call the support, validate both accounts and ask them to merge them into one. Its a matter of minutes. Everything will end up in one account and its totally free.

If you want to keep some products on one account and some on the other then there is not option available for you at the moment.

hi,

i bought a domain from cybersite and planning to transfer the web hosting to godaddy, how can i do that?

Hello @Daphne18, do you already have an existing site that you want to move over, or do you want to create a new site and simply connect the domain from Cybersite to GoDaddy hosting?  

MPC

@Omiros wrote:

Simply call the support, validate both accounts and ask them to merge them into one. Its a matter of minutes. Everything will end up in one account and its totally free.

You will be Lucky FREE I have a OLD  "Deluxe Hosting" hosting 8 domains with old PHP 5.4 I have been told to change to Cpanel account been a customer for about 6 years and now when I ask to change to new package been told I have to pay for the transfer to new package (so it looks like goodbye godaddy and hello Vidahost !!!!! 

need help about How to transfer my  hosting package to another Godaddy user ?

I haven't seen any new comments on this question, and I am running into the same concern. When a client starts hosting with us, but wants to take over that management for themselves (perhaps they have now hired an IT person), I cannot simply give them access to my Godaddy account and hope they don't do something damaging. It seems like a pretty common scenario, so I'm wondering if there is anything new on the horizon to allow the transfer of hosting to another existing account.

@doriiqo

I see my comments magically disappeared! I'll save them in MS Word this time and post elsewhere if need be.

According to GoDaddy’s own policy, you can only transfer a hosting account to another existing hosting account. So the person receiving the remaining time of your plan will 1st need to buy a hosting plan they don't need. However, they will be within the 30 day refund policy. So, simply buy the plan, transfer the new one, and get a refund on the one they make you buy. 

This was just confirmed in the live chat too. Do note they failed to mention: “If a Hosting Service has already been performed, then it is non-refundable (if not yet performed, eligible for a refund within 30 days of the date of the transaction).”

I assume that means if you host anything on it it’s not refundable, but that word “performed” is intentionally vague. Clarification, anyone? I'd get some beforehand. Definitely don’t touch that plan you're going to return or “perform” it, whatever that means. 

Personally, I just wanted to upgrade my hosting plan. In that case, they would provide a prorated refund. However, they would also charge $100 per website to migrate it to their more expensive hosting plan. Times that by 40 websites = $4,000. Other hosting companies do this for free within the 1st 30 days.

I've been with GoDaddy for 15 years, but they're forcing me away --  save $4,000 on migration, pay a lot less on hosting, and have faster servers. I'd have dealt with 2 of 3, but the migration cost is a dealbreaker. Yes, I could watch a YouTube video and do it myself if I want to lose a week of work. Or I could pay a freelancer $15 a site, but even that would be $600. 

Yes, that'd be nice! 

Yes, that would be ideal! Seems easy enough to do.

I can transfer your sites to a new hosting account. I will charge $10 per sites.

@WellHelloThere wrote:

@doriiqo

I see my comments magically disappeared! I'll save them in MS Word this time and post elsewhere if need be.

According to GoDaddy’s own policy, you can only transfer a hosting account to another existing hosting account. So the person receiving the remaining time of your plan will 1st need to buy a hosting plan they don't need. However, they will be within the 30 day refund policy. So, simply buy the plan, transfer the new one, and get a refund on the one they make you buy. 

This was just confirmed in the live chat too. Do note they failed to mention: “If a Hosting Service has already been performed, then it is non-refundable (if not yet performed, eligible for a refund within 30 days of the date of the transaction).”

I assume that means if you host anything on it it’s not refundable, but that word “performed” is intentionally vague. Clarification, anyone? I'd get some beforehand. Definitely don’t touch that plan you're going to return or “perform” it, whatever that means. 

Personally, I just wanted to upgrade my hosting plan. In that case, they would provide a prorated refund. However, they would also charge $100 per website to migrate it to their more expensive hosting plan. Times that by 40 websites = $4,000. Other hosting companies do this for free within the 1st 30 days.

I've been with GoDaddy for 15 years, but they're forcing me away --  save $4,000 on migration, pay a lot less on hosting, and have faster servers. I'd have dealt with 2 of 3, but the migration cost is a dealbreaker. Yes, I could watch a YouTube video and do it myself if I want to lose a week of work. Or I could pay a freelancer $15 a site, but even that would be $600. 

Hey @doriiqo,

Thanks for your post.  If you're looking to set up your own customers on an account that you can access, you may want to look at our Pro program at https://www.godaddy.com/pro.  This way, you can manage clients all from one place, and you wouldn't need to necessarily give them access to your account.

Hope that helps.

ML - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/24-7support