cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Unable to upload any images!

In August, I transferred my hosting plan to GoDaddy which is the biggest fault of my life. Since then, I am unable to upload any images to my Wordpress blog and the file sizes of these images are only 8-10 KB! The upload system of the script got totally ruined with GoDaddy.

Please let me know how can I cancel this worst hosting service and get my money back?

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Unable to upload any images!

Contact support directly with your account details handy to process a refund.  At the bottom of this page you'll find the phone number and if available a Chat Now button.

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Hey there,

This is most likely due to PHP settings. Are you getting an error message that says the file is too big? If so, you just need to update a few PHP settings. Here is a link that should help:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-php-settings-26379

Additionally, log into cPanel -> use the search bar at the top when you first log into cPanel -> search for "Select PHP Version" -> click the link to the right that reads "Switch to PHP options" -> update max filesize and several other settings.

If you need further help, send me a message. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

No, it says "HTTP error".

I also cannot write any post. In the process of writing, it says "Connection lost. Saving has been disabled until you’re reconnected."

Google is full of these complaints. I tried all methods like editing wp-config, htaccess, and functions.php. However, none of them help.

The problem occurs also in the default WordPress theme.

Super User III
Super User III

I'm assuming you increased the memory limit and tried the other basic troubleshooting steps?

More than happy to help and this is something that's easily fixed for the most part.

Check out this guide and see if any of the troubleshooting steps help: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-http-image-upload-error-in-wordpress/

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Dear Joe,

The problem that caused lots of pain and nervous breakdowns for 3 months was solved with your guidance.  After I increased the memory limit which was 128M by following the path that you gave, the problem has been solved.  I had before tried to increase this limit with wp-config.

Really, really thanks! 

Super User III
Super User III

I'm glad I could help! Have a great one!