cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploaded Site but still seeing "Future home of something quite cool."

So, 3 days ago i bought a Web Hosting from GoDaddy. Today after i found the files that i needed to upload, i go to the cPanel and uploaded the file. After i finished, and when i entered on the site it said:

Future home of something quite cool.7

If you're the site owner, log in to launch this site

If you are a visitor, check back soon.

Someone know what could i do?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Web Hosting problem

Hey @4Gamers,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

When you uploaded your site files, did you check to make sure they were all in the "public_html" folder and not placed within another subfolder in that same directory? Sometimes that happens by mistake. 

Another thing you could check is that your home page is using a proper index file name that takes precedence over our default welcome page. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Help with Drupal

Hi, 

We are a non profit and have recently changed our marketing company. They used to be hosting our website on godaddy using drupal. We have setup drupal and have uploaded the database and files but the website is still showing *Something cool is coming*

Can anyone help us?

They are all in public_html. All of them, even the index.php. I tried enetering on mydoamin.com/index.php , but no solution. I tried to change the index.php in index.html , and entering on mydomain.com/index.html , but still nothing. Only that annoying message from the screen.

Hi @4Gamers, That message usually means missing content, a missing or misplaced index file or other resolution issue. Rather than guess further and since you've double-checked everything, I'd recommend you contact Support (x.co/247support) so they can look at the specifics.

That would be the fastest way to move from that screen to the one you want to see.

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

Re: Help with Drupal

Hi @alexxdavid, It sounds like you might still be pointed to the former hosting. You didn't specify the domain, but you'd need to check the DNS and if correct, the file structure in the hosting account. I suggest you contact Support. Even if you are not the account holder, they can quickly tell you where the domain is pointed (who's hosting).

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

I uploaded files from 5 different sites. None worked. I think that it isnt from the files that i upload. (Every site was different.)

Future home of something quite cool.

1. I have no wordpress install

2. public_html is empty

3. When i enter http:// (my web link) it shows me empty page (which is correct)

4. When i enter https:// (my web link), it shows me  "Future home of something quite cool."  This is weird. 

Re: Future home of something quite cool.

I am getting the same error as ssh'd in and edited the default home.html file. The changes show fine in the Go Daddy Preview tool, however I can not browse by IP and see the changes. Its not a caching issue as well as have cleared cache and even tried from another machine.

Re: Future home of something quite cool.

Future home of something quite cool.

If you're the site owner, log in to launch this site

If you are a visitor, check back soon.

I am also having issue with this, how will i go about it?