cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

cPanel - Website not showing new site after 12 hours

I recently set up cPanel linux hosting for a website and originally the url went to a page saying something like "The future home of something quite cool".  After talking with support, they said it was still propagating, but still after 12 hours of waiting, I just get the old version of the site cached on DNS servers. Before I moved the site onto the main domain, I tested it as a subdomain of my other site, and in 15 seconds it was up and working.

Why does moving the site onto a domain take much longer than onto a subdomain?

Have I set up anything wrong?

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

knRe: cPanel - Website not showing new site after 12 hours

I know what was the problem. When I spoke to the support person yesterday, they said just change the A record to the IP of the website, but I had to change the Primary Nameserver to "ns01.domaincontrol.com" and the Secondary Nameserver to "ns02.domaincontrol.com"

Re: knRe: cPanel - Website not showing new site after 12 hours

My website was running for the last one year and it is offline for more than 12 hours and GoDaddy team is unable to help me access either file manager of c panel. Pathetic amd frustrating. Once I get back up, will definitely move to some more responsible host.

Re: knRe: cPanel - Website not showing new site after 12 hours

Hey, i had the same issue. Support person said to change the A record to IP of the website. After that happened all i'm getting is "Future Home of Something Quite Cool". How did you fix your issue?