cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

cPanel email can't be delivered in a very high probability

Dear Sir/Madam

My email service is provided by cPanel. Recently users started complain that their email can't be delivered to their receiver.

I tried some test, I sent a bunch of emails to my outlook email box, and only 2 of 10 emails were received. I also tried to send to another enterprise email box(office365 user), and I can see all emails are received.

Could someone help on this issue? Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: cPanel email can't be delivered in a very high probability

@TXJ 

cPanel email was not designed for an enterprise email solution. People using it as such will often find that their server IP address, especially if it's a shared server, is blocked by many major outlets like gmail, hotmail, etc. The reason is because people abuse this email system (spammers/bots/etc.) or they try to utilize it as an enterprise level email system and get blocked out of hand.

Your best bet is to migrate your email services for your clients to something designed for email instead of hosting. GoDaddy can't control the major email providers from blocking your IP address if they want to do so.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TXJ. Intermittent email delivery issues can be quite difficult to troubleshoot, especially if there is no bounceback message. If you continue having trouble, you can get in touch with our customer care team. They can request our advanced team look at the email logs for recent messages if you can give them the senders address. That should help you determine where the issue lies. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I have the same issue with cpanel email (on my mac), i am getting an SMTP error with my mail app, but no issues with my iphone

when i log in using webmail, chrome tells me that site is not secure (https:// is red and slashed out)

it only happened yesterday, i also tried to contact customer service already but they can't seem to help me, they said they have given me the options to set up my email and thats all they can do.

i tried a fresh setup on another mac, and i was having the same problem, it wouldn't read the SMTP server properly.

New

Thanks for replying me

New

Thanks for replying me.

I actually had already contact support team, and I was told there was no issue found. Understood this kind issue is hard to troubleshoot. I actually found a workaround: using thunderbird mail client.

New

Thanks for replying me.

I haven't tried on MAC OS. Let me try later in these days, and see what could happen. Smiley Happy

New

New update:

Actually using Thunderbird doesn't help. Still facing the issue to other mail box. For example: 163.com.