cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cron jobs not working

First let me explain there are no error logs or even email notifications stating the cron job has even tried to execute.

Cron Job:

php /home/<private>/public_html/cron_day.php 12345678910123456789

The numbers at the end represent an alnum security code to keep it from being used outside of it's means.

Like I said, no error reports period just that the crons are not working. If I enter mysite.com/cron_day.php 12345678910123456789 into my url bar I get a 404 error. (Would explain the lack of an error log). But typing mysite.com/cron_day.php?code=12345678910123456789 works fine.

Thing is without any error logs how am I suppose to know what is wrong??

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: cron jobs not working

Hello @boionfire81!

Thank you for posting. Have you tried reaching out to our support team on this yet? They should be able to review this with you and let you know what's going on. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: cron jobs not working

Yes ma'am. The problem is with the security code at the end is not being passed through when it runs. It just puts off a 404 with it and a missing argument exit; without the security code. The security code is essential to stopping someone from abusing the system. 

Since the test cron runs the support team can not help at all. Even the though the entire issue is that the security code is not being passed on.