cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

cron jobs stopped working

On April 22 all crons stop working.  The error on all of the jobs is -- 

Can't locate ea_php_cli.pm in @INC (you may need to install the ea_php_cli module) (@INC contains: /var/cpanel/ea4 /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/x86_64-linux-64int /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/5.28.0/x86_64-linux-64int /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/5.28.0 /opt/cpanel/perl5/528/site_lib/x86_64-linux-64int /opt/cpanel/perl5/528/site_lib) at /usr/local/bin/php line 17.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/php line 17.

16 REPLIES 16
New

Re: cron jobs stopped working

I am also facing the same issue, i contacted the technical support and they even don't know what is happening in their side, they keep saying that its error from our side. i asked the technical person that it was working till day before yesterday and i didn't changed anything, then how come the error.After that they do not have any answer.

New

It is fixed now, they have added the missing library

New

Still not working here.

I'm having the error. I am currently on the phone with the Hosting team regarding the missing ea_php_cli module.

I recommend you call and strongly request to be transferred to Hosting; the guys who first answer are usually in Sales or maybe first line support -- they're not helpful. For 2 days they kept saying nothing was wrong.

Once I got to Hosting, I sent them a copy of the error and comes to find out it's a "known issue" and they're working to fix it.

I'm having the exact same error for a couple days now, was not able to get go daddy chat support to help as they just pointed the finger at the developer.  Developer says:

"I can assure you it is not caused by anything you or I could have done either. This still appears to be a server config issue (missing PHP module or invalid PHP CLI configuration). Unfortunately, only your server admin can assist you with it.

highly improbable that any files suddenly changed their behavior and started throwing this error. It is much more likely that some PHP/server configuration was changed/broken during a routine server update/maintenance which is causing this. I will suggest checked with the server admins once more and see if they can investigate it further for you.

Please fix this Go Daddy!

New

I spoke with support this morning and they sent me the following "fix"

"Have the customer update the path from /usr/bin/php to /usr/bin/ea-php70 in the command and check once."

Unfortunately did not work.  Now I am getting the error

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell: /usr/bin/ea-php70: No such file or directory

redleg I also tried changing the path to that...all it did was change the error to what you posted. Same problem. Please let me know if you find a fix and I will do the same for you.

Same problem here.

Cron Daemon response:

Can't locate ea_php_cli.pm in @INC (you may need to install the ea_php_cli module) (@INC contains: /var/cpanel/ea4 /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/526/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/x86_64-linux-64int /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/526/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/526/lib64/perl5/5.26.0/x86_64-linux-64int /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/526/lib64/perl5/5.26.0 /opt/cpanel/perl5/526/site_lib/x86_64-linux-64int /opt/cpanel/perl5/526/site_lib) at /usr/bin/php line 17.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/php line 17.

EDIT:

I also updated my command from 

php -f /path/to/file.php

to

/usr/bin/ea-php70 /path/to/file.php

And got the error

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell: /usr/bin/ea-php70: No such file or directory
Solution

Final update guys:

You need to use the path: /usr/local/bin/ea-php70, NOT /usr/bin/ea-php70 

Changing to this fixed my issue. 

Highlighted
New
New

Thanks you, your solution seems to have worked for me.

It's so annoying, because I too spoke to a tech support (one Teron guy, IIRC) and he too said the problem's on my end. Oh well, at least it's working now.

I just hope that they won't break it again in the middle of night, or I'll wake up to an email box full of error-message emails.

New

Thanks!!  working now

Still not working for me Smiley Sad  Are you guys using PHP 7.0 or PHP 7.2?

Guys

I did not make any change to my php path. Still using similar to following:

/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/[user name]/[path to the file]

After I called Hosting and got them to install the missing ea_php_cli.pm module, things seem to be working now.

The idea by using "/usr/local/bin/php" is you should not have to point to a specific php version (unless you choose to point to a specific php version for a specific reason)

cpanel should figure it out.

From the cpanel website (https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/EA4/EasyApache+4+and+the+ea-php-cli+Package)

The ea-php-cli package is EasyApache 4's replacement for the system-provided 
/usr/bin/php binary. This package determines the PHP version that the user's
application requires from the system.

I think you want to insist that Hosting install the missing module on the server hosting your site(s).

Thank you for all of the feedback guys.....Still having the error but today Go Daddy finally took ownership of the problem and say they have their hosting team working on it, hope it is quick as I am loosing customers because invoices are not being generated or emailed.

New
New

Good news, thanks!
Hope they get this fixed this soon. Like sjordan wrote, because pointing to the specific PHP version really should be avoided.

kudos to sjordan!

Finally after the 3rd day and 3 separate GoDaddy support techs they were able to fix the issue after I insisted they install the missing ea_php_cli.pm module....I did not have to change my path.