Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

my hosting files disappear after deleteing ftp account

hi, i create some ftp users and  then delete them

after that all files in public_html folder disappear

is that normal or what happend?

is there any backup on godaddy ? where i can ask for it ?

4 REPLIES 4
New

Re: my hosting files diappear after deleteing ftp account

finally  , I got what append  !!

when i delete ftp account  i mark a small check box above the the delete button 

and godaddy delete all my files  ,

don't know why godaddy set check box like that in ftp account .,

and the first surprise i got , when i call tech support  he asked me to pay 270 $  to restore my files .

second surprise for me i called  1-866-938-11189 (sales guy asked me to call this number as free when i chat  with him)  and it cost 10$ (20 min waiting) . 

don't know why godaddy act like this  .   too bad    - i think it's business issue ,just for money 😞

What happens with my files when my hosting plan expires?

MY hosting plan has expired about two months ago, but I want my files back.

Is there any way to do that? Is renewing the hosting plan will recover all my files?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution

Re: What happens with my files when my hosting plan expires?

@doorpicks ?

No, renewing the hosting plan after two months will not bring your files back, sorry. For this very reason backups are important.

If you had contacted support soon after your hosting had expired there may have been a chance. Sorry!

New

Re: my hosting files diappear after deleteing ftp account

I've also had "support" be extremely aggressive about upsells. I wanted to help him because I totally get it making commissions, but he kept escalating and asking me to buy more and more. Just hang up, and if they added anything to your cart remove it.

My latest experience with godaddy support was an abusive technician who deliberately altered my files in the FTP client and took my site down.

If anyone finds better hosting they're happy with, please let us know.