About .asia domains
DotAsia is the sponsor and the backend provider for the .asia extension.
These domain names can have up to 63 characters, with a minimum of 3 characters, and can contain letters (a-z), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except at the beginning or end of the domain name). You cannot register domain names with special characters such as & and #.
|Registration length||1 - 10 years|
|Renewal length||1 - 10 years|
|Contact updates||Details below1||Countries Included||Details below2|
|IDNs||Chinese, Japanese, & Korean|
Who can register these domains?
Anyone can register .asia domain names on a first-come, first-served basis.
We'll attempt to auto-renew your domain on its expiration date. We'll park domains after the first failed billing attempt. If the domain isn't renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
For details on refunds, please visit GoDaddy's Refund Policy page.Most domains will follow the Standard Terms, but certain domains will have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Look under BOTH of the following categories:
- Products with Special Refund Terms (look under Domain Name Registrations/Renewals)
- Products Not Eligible for Refunds
Two nameservers are required for domains to resolve, and a maximum of 13 nameservers is allowed. DNSSEC, IPv4 and IPv6 are supported.
1 Contact updates requirements
If you have a .asia domain, you can update information for the contact responsible for it, called the CED contact. A CED contact is a domain contact that is a legal entity in the DotAsia community. This can be a company, an organization or a natural person. The contact must be located in the Asia-Pacific region. For more information about CED contacts, see the What is a CED or CEA contact? section of this article. To update CED information, follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- Select the .asia domains you want to update.
- From the Contacts menu, select .ASIA CED Contacts.
- From Form of entity , select the entity type for the CED contact you selected.
- From Form of identification, select the identification type that warrants the CED contact you selected as the legal entity in the Asia-Pacific region.
- In Identification number, enter the number from the form of identification you selected.
- Click OK.
2 Countries Included
Countries included in the Asia-Pacific region for .asia domains are:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling Islands)
- Cook Islands
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands
- Hong Kong
- Islamic Republic of Iran
- Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Norfolk Island
- Palestinian Terroitories
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Syrian Arab Republic
- United Arab Emirates
- Viet Nam
Want to buy a .asia domain? Check here for details today!