About .bz domains
dot bz is the sponsor and Afilias is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .bz extension that represents Belize.
Who can register .bz domains?
Anyone can register .bz, .com.bz, and .net.bz domains on a first-come, first-served basis.
- .bz - Intended for Belize businesses or individuals.
- .com.bz - Intended for commercial entities.
- .net.bz - Intended for network infrastructures, such as Internet Service Providers.
When registering a .bz domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- Your .bz domain name renews on the day after its expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 10 days after expiration and 40 days after expiration before the domain name is cancelled.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it before the 20th day following expiration, you must recover it, and there might be a fee to do so. See Renew my expired domain for instructions.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- CashParking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 2-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC